Sign in to follow this  
walfob

Fantastic Products

I've taken the plunge and am now the proud owner of QOTS II. I've already flown the tutorial, along with a number of other routes out of Heathrow and Hong Kong, and just want to say what a great addition it has made to my PMDG fleet. I've long been the owner of the earlier Queen and found that jumping into the new seat posed no problems at all. I'm also learning tons of other stuff with the latest version. 

I always like to fly real world routes and was wondering if anyone knew of routes where the newer 747 versions flew.

For instance - which route does Qantas fly its ER version; or Japan Airlines its D version; or KLM its M version? (Assuming that these airlines have such versions and they are not just in the livery list).

Any other ideas of other airlines flying such versions would be most welcome.  Apols if this has been explained before!

Bernard Walford

Qantas at the very least flies the Boeing 747-400ER from SYD to DFW and vice versa. KLM has flown the Boeing 747-400M from AMS to ORD I presume, as I've seen it at ORD in the past. Couldn't tell you about the Boeing 747-400D, but presumably a good route would be NRT or HND to KIX. I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T fly that at some point.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Currently flying the KLM combi from AMS to LAX! This route is always with a 744M.

KLM uses the 744M on the following routes.

ICN, IAH, ORD, JFK, LAX, MEX, HKG, YYZ, PEK.

Although, these routes are sometimes flown with a full pax too.

Great! Just what I was looking for.

I've flown some of them in the -400 but wanted ideas to use all the other versions.

Bernard Walford

For instance - which route does Qantas fly its ER version; or Japan Airlines its D version; or KLM its M version? (Assuming that these airlines have such versions and they are not just in the livery list).

Last I heard, JAL sold all their 744's (in 2011). All Nippon also retired their D version in 2014.

Qantas also flies from Sydney (YSSY) to Johannesburg (FAOR... QF63/64) and to Tokyo's Haneda (RJTT... QF25/26).

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)