Sign in to follow this  
dmitriyy

Saitek Throttle Quadrant Not Recognized

The block plugs into the PS/2 port on the yoke. The power light on the throttle quadrant lights up. The OS does not see the quadrant (not even as an unknown device in the Device Manager), nor does it do anything inside X-Plane's calibration panel.

I have tried to download the drivers, but on the plug-in step, the Next button does not light up. I have also tried starting it with it unplugged, as well as plugged in, and have done multiple system reboots.

OS: Windows 10 64-bit with latest updates from Microsoft

X-Plane 11

Yoke and Rudder Pedals got recognized without problems

Perhaps the drivers on the site are for the USB model, and not one that goes into the PS/2 port on the Yoke? I am not able to access the original CD that shipped with the system.

Thank you.

The quadrant should work without drivers. If your yoke is working, it's not a USB problem. Is this something new or has it never worked? As a quick check, make sure that there are no bent pins in the connection from the quadrant to the yoke.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I think your problem is a X-Plane 11 issue.  The are many posts at the org where users are having trouble with X11 and Saitek throttles.  Try your throttle in X-Plane 10 and report back.

Todd

15 hours ago, TPerson said:

I think your problem is a X-Plane 11 issue.  The are many posts at the org where users are having trouble with X11 and Saitek throttles.  Try your throttle in X-Plane 10 and report back.

Todd

But the OP said that the OS does not see the quadrant:

"The OS does not see the quadrant (not even as an unknown device in the Device Manager)"

This would tend to rule out the problem being caused by X-Plane unless it makes some fundamental change to Windows.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

vortex681 you're making the same assumption that the OP is making.  Windows doesn't see the PS/2 type throttle quadrant as a separate device.  The Saitek Pro Flight Yoke comes with a throttle quadrant.  That throttle quadrant plugs into the back of the yoke via a PS/2 type plug.  The yoke is then plugged into your computer via one USB plug and the OS (and FSX/P3D or X-Plane) then picks up the Pro Flight Yoke as a device with 5 axis, X and Y for the yoke and Z, Rx, and Ry for the throttle quadrant.

I have a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke with the PS/2 throttle quadrant, an additional USB Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals, and the Cessna Trim Wheel.  Windows 10 Device Manager only shows 4 devices connected.  That PS/2 throttle quadrant is rolled into the flight yoke.

To the OP.  Open up Control Panel in Windows 10 and select Devices and Printers.  Look for the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke icon and right click on it.  Select Game controller settings in the menu that pops up and then on the Game Controllers window highlight Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and then press the Properties button.  You will then see a screen where you can test all of your buttons and you should see 5 axes.  Move your throttle quadrant levers and you should see the corresponding axis move on the screen.  If it works there then you have eliminated the OS as the problem.

Todd

Todd, good advice. I had a Saitek yoke (briefly) so understand how it works. I assumed (maybe wrongly) that the OP was saying that the throttle element of the yoke was not being detected by Windows which would have indicated either a problem with the quadrant or the connection to the yoke.

I have the same problem with fsx and my second Logitech quadrant. Just  wont recognise my new quadrant( Bit of history) When I first connected my second Qu adrant to fsx I was using a 32 bit windows 7;os and it worked fine along with all my panels ie multi / radio/ switch/ rudder/ I purchased a new gaming os with wind ten 64 bit Waiting for fs2020 launch So on this setup the only hardware that works is my yoke / flight rudders/ and the one Quadrant however thats using fsx 32 bit on my 64 bit system Maybe once Fs2020 is launched it might sort its self out hopefully though reading all the drama other people are having you would think saitek slash Logitech would get this act together

6 hours ago, diavyd said:

I have the same problem with fsx and my second Logitech quadrant. Just  wont recognise my new quadrant( Bit of history) When I first connected my second Qu adrant to fsx I was using a 32 bit windows 7;os and it worked fine along with all my panels ie multi / radio/ switch/ rudder/ I purchased a new gaming os with wind ten 64 bit Waiting for fs2020 launch So on this setup the only hardware that works is my yoke / flight rudders/ and the one Quadrant however thats using fsx 32 bit on my 64 bit system Maybe once Fs2020 is launched it might sort its self out hopefully though reading all the drama other people are having you would think saitek slash Logitech would get this act together

Have you read the response two messages back? This would be my guess.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Checked out two questions back as you suggested unfortunately when I highlight flight yoke  /properties /the test screen only shows the amount of buttons for one throttle quadrant.Previously I downloaded the Logitech yoke driver that shows up in devices ok and checks out that it’s working The green light is on .Thanks for your help ,any other ideas would be appreciated David

6 minutes ago, diavyd said:

when I highlight flight yoke  /properties /the test screen only shows the amount of buttons for one throttle quadrant.

That sound correct, assuming you are also seeing the buttons for the yoke handle. The USB quadrant appears as a separate device with its own six buttons. Looking at your original message it's not that clear what your problem actually is. Maybe you're saying your USB quadrant isn't working.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Hi MDH my problem is the additional throttle quadrant not being recognised by my OS wind 10 The yoke system with its own quadrant works fine PS2  .To date I have d/loaded the driver from the Logitech site 64 bit and it shows up ok on my devices along with my other h/ware ie multi panel etc The yoke system with its own throttle quadrant ps2 tests out fine however I’m a bit confused as to testing the second throttle quadrant USB connection  { should there not be a additional screen for the second  quadrant )At this time the test screen only shows the amount of buttons for the yoke with its 3 axis  and it’s  throttle quad no screen for the add on ( 2nd throttle Quad) Thanks for your time Hope this clarity’s my prob 

Hello diavyd,

May I suggested you to post a screen shot of your game controller property screen or in the flight sim configuration screen

if this will not cause too much trouble to you,

In my opinion, the screen shot will give us much more clues to the problem.

Then would you please to point out what you are expecting but not showing up on the screen and explain your expectation in your posting.

This will minimize the tuorble shooting time and might pin point to the solution much faster.

Please excuse me if I offend you in anyway.

9 hours ago, diavyd said:

Hope this clarity’s my prob 

Not really, it's still very ambiguous. Like someone else said, post some screenshots. And you don't need any drivers.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

1. MHi MDH my problem is the additional throttle quadrant not being recognised by my OS wind 10 The yoke system with its own quadrant works fine .To date I have d/loaded the driver from the Logitech site 64 bit and it shows up ok on my devices along with my other h/ware ie multi panel etc The yoke system with its own throttle quadrant tests out fine however I’m a bit confused as to testing the second throttle quadrant { should there not be a additional screen for the second  quadrant )At this time the test screen only shows the amount of buttons for the yoke and it’s own throttle quad no screen for the add on ( 2nd throttle Quad)

Seems that everyone is overthinking the issue Been advised through the site you don’t need a driver Thought then there may be is a conflict here so I uninstalled the yoke driver causing the yoke to completely shut down  .How do I post a screen shot on to this message system.? Having the 2nd quadrant checked out to eliminate any hardware faults. Reinstalled the driver and yoke working again back to square 1