Sign in to follow this  
softreset

Active Sky alternatives

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎25 at 2:01 PM, softreset said:

The HiFi team was pretty prompt with unlocking/resetting my license but they were unable to effectively communicate why the problem just suddenly started happening via the trouble ticket. My forum post on their support site went unanswered.

Hi,

Could you post your link on where you asked about this?  I just went through the official Hifi forum, and the only recent post regarding an activation question has been answered.  If you can link it here, I can point you post to those who can answer.

Note, Active Sky 16 / ASCA is licensed per computer and use on more than one system requires purchasing an additional license for each machine.
All server access is logged by I.P. address and machine code (Client I.D.).

--Edited for clarification

Edited by netshadoe
Clarification on timeline

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

1 hour ago, netshadoe said:

Hi,

Could you post your link on where you asked about this?  I just went through the official Hifi forum, and the only post regarding an activation question has been answered.  If you can link it here, I can point you post to those who can answer.

Note, Active Sky 16 / ASCA is licensed per computer and use on more than one system requires purchasing an additional license for each machine.
All server access is logged by I.P. address and machine code (Client I.D.).

Thanks Devin, I've been in touch with Dave at HiFi about the issue and he too has reminded me about the licensing. I've confirmed with him (both times)

Licensing Info Removed

Those weren't licenses, they were HiFi ticket #s

I only own one computer and it's only ever been installed on one computer. The issue, I suspect, is that it's a laptop. As such over the course of a month I might connect from a dozen different IP addresses when I play. What's strange is that for almost a year (on the same computer, same IP address issues) it was never an issue. Now suddenly over the course of less than 30 days apart it's occurred twice despite no change in my equipment and my play style.

I appreciate the prompt response of the HiFi team but there's also a moment of: "Will it or won't it work" whenever I fire up the client all of a sudden.

My password isn't working on the forums so I've requested one, as soon as I get logged in, I'll send you the link. It's somewhat irrelevant though as the original request from 01/10/17 has been resolved.

No problem.  I suggest you take down you license numbers...you'll have more issues with those up on this forum!!  :0

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

51 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

No problem.  I suggest you take down you license numbers...you'll have more issues with those up on this forum!!  :0

Those were my ticket #s with HiFi, not licensing.

3rd time in three months now. Launch Active Sky Next to complete a flight and I'm told that I've exceeded the registration limits. Same computer, same location, same hardware/software.

I can pretty much set my watch to it on the rolling 30 days.

4th time in 4 months now.

I wonder how many other people have this issue.