Sign in to follow this  
AirCanada235

TOTALLY Weird Error

Okay experts,

This has me TOTALLY scratching my head and I am unable to resolve it with anything that i have done or tried.  For some unexplained reason, my keyboard commands and joystick inputs have decided to have a mind of their own.  What is even better is that when I try and change a control in the Options>Settings>Controls menu -- Buttons and Keys Tab -- and take a control that I want to assign a keyboard command or modify a joystick setting, I am unable to do so.  If I take the "Altimeters (reset) keyboard assignment (which we all know is set to B) and try and reassign it to something else (by deleting the assignment), (a new windows opens - which is the expected behavior), I hit CLEAR but the letter "B" in this example doesn't clear.  In trying to map a joystick command properly - Say FLAPS DOWN (incremental) and I try and change the assignment or create a new assignment - the "B" continues to show up in the assignment box.  

Before anyone asks me - YES i have ensured that my B key is not stuck!!  I have also swapped out keyboard from a USB Logitech to a POS USB one that I have lying around.  I dunno guys - this just has me lost - totally lost.

Can any of you please assist me with this?  

Did you try deleting both files in "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Controls" ? They basically contain all entries.

Hi Dave,

Rather than deleting the files SimonC mentions, just rename them and let P3D rebuild them at next startup. You can always delete them later once you identify where the problem is.

Do you have FSUIPC controlling any axes, buttons, keys, etc. that are causing a conflict? Temporarily disable FSUIPC to see if you can change key assignments without the persistent B.

Any 3rd party programs renaming or modifying "standard.xml" at startup?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe