Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

FSD Products 40% iff

All FSD products are currently reduced by 40%. (You will find a discount code on their web page)... If you are a subscriber to their newsletter, it's 50%. All of their products are good but I would especially recommend their Pilatus PC6 Porter, which is superb in both FS9 and FSX/FSX-SE. I like their O2/C337 though it doesn't play well with GoFlight modules. I just got their Navajo and so far it is very good - and cost less than $10

• Upvote 1

Sadly, the FSX C337 has a couple of missing click spots, which are annoying but not fatal.   However, the documentation is stellar.

Ernest Pergrem

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Any scenery? 

Nope - GA aircraft only plus O2A, P38 and T38...

FSD was, in the FS2k/FS9 times, the leading developer of GA aircraft. Then they disbanded in the early FSX. All these aircraft were then designed in FS9 and ported into early FSX, which makes them 10/12 year old at least. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 hours ago, Boomer said:

Any scenery? 

Nope, but they do some avionics in addition to their aeroplane add-ons. A Bendix King stack and a GPS unit.

Their GA aeroplanes are actually very good, they might be old, although not actually as old as you might think given that the installers give you the option to install in FSX-SE, and since that came out in 2014, it means at least the installers cannot be any older than three years at most. As a developer, FSD were very ahead of their time, that means their stuff still holds up well, for example, they have selectable failures, wear and tear and servicing modeled and a lot of other customisation via a little utility, and were one of the first decent developers to actually do that.

Their Piper  PA-32 Turbo Saratoga is especially good, as is their V-tail Beechcraft 35 Bonanza. Admittedly they might not be as pretty as Carenado models, but they fly well and have great avionics modeling, which is what really matters in a simulated aeroplane. Both are well worth ten bucks if you like GA aeroplanes, and they work in P3D too.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As always, I agree with Chock. As I said in an earlier post, their PC6 Porter is still outstanding, no matter how old it is and I am definitely enjoying their Navajo/Cougar. And I'm not so sure they disbanded completely - they have a VLJ (can't think of it's name) and they have only been around a few years. Also, some of their products are FSX only so they are not just port-overs. And those that are work perfectly. I'm not being their spokesperson - but at the current price, they are a good buy and I am pleased with my past as well as present purchases...

p.s. I had a question about one of their products and I got a reply from their support staff person within two hours