Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

Strange Issue

Hello,

I have Chase Plane  Experimental Alpha on P3D V3.4 HF3 and I am having a strange issue that I never experienced before which involves also CP, but I don't know if CP is the cause or the effect of this issue: a few minutes after launching the flight (it may be 2 minutes or 10-15 minutes) all the controllers stop working (I have the controllers disabled in P3D menu and I control all axes via FSUIPC on three controllers..Joke, Pedals and Throttle quadrant), and it is no longer  possible to open FSUIPC from the addon drop down menu. When this happens then also the Chase Plane mouse panning function and the camera presets switching via the CP onscreen menu stop working. 

It is NOT aircraft related, as it happens on different aircraft...FSL A320 and PMDG 747V3

Regards

Ezio 

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

It is definitely CP related. I selectively excluded one by one all the addons, and the problem remained until I removed CP. However, upon reinstall of CP the problem reappeared. What I did was to remove again CP, delete the file Cameras.cfg, restarted P3D to rebuild it before reinstalling CP. Then I reinstalled CP and everything came back normal (so far).

Any idea what happened ?

Regards

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Unfortunately the problem has reappeared again and my Sim is completely unusable if I have Chase Plane installed. 

Chase Plane support team please let me know how to proceed to solve the issue. Let me know what other info I have to submit to allow you an effective troubleshooting.

Thanks

Ezio

Another update:

Using a software called Appcrashview I found out that in all occasions when I had this issue I had a Couatl.exe crash. Couatl.exe is a well known file introduced on FSX/P3D by the FSDreamTeam products (addon airports, GSX, etc...), which is related to several reported FSX/P3D crash modes....so apparently this would rule out CP from being the culprit.

However please bear in mind the following:

1) removing Couatl.exe, by uninstalling the FSDT products and keeping CP installed does not solve the problem

2) removing CP and keeping Couatl.exe installed DOES solve the problem

This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen in my many years of simming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Ezio 

Jackson,

Only thing I can say is I'm not having this problem.  I currently don't have GSX installed (I plan to buy it in next couple of days).  I will install it and see if I'm having the same issue as you are.  I'm on P3D 3.3.5, use FSUIPC and X52 pro with rudder pedals.

We can at least figure out if its a 3.4 thing or something else.  

Keven,

what's your view on the issue I am having. I am running out of ideas..

Thanks

Ezio

I have observed this issue with a few people now. It's unclear what causes it but I have been able to resolve it on some systems by renaming the %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder, launching the sim to regenerate the files and gradually restoring Controlsdll.xml, exe.xml and prepar3d.cfg (with the sim closed).

Not pointing fingers or anything but so far, everyone with this issue had the FSLabs, FSUIPC and GSX installed so we are looking for cues to a SimConnect failure when those are active.

Let me know if that works for you, we're still trying to figure out what's going on...

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I am experiencing the same issue with fsx:se.  It just started today when flying over Moscow X in the A2A C182 so it may not be solely a P3D problem and I also use GSX and FSUIPC but not FSLABS.  One other program I did have running was SPAD.

Rick Rowe