Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

Buttons not detected and all settings gone

HI there. Yesterday I just downloaded latest LINDA, latest PMDG 747 V3 module and newest FSUIPC 4.963. I installed then and launched LINDA. It says EVERYTHING IS OK but now when I try to set up buttons on joysticks and throttles, it doesn't detect them when i press buttons on joysticks and throttle. Usually it will detect and show the number so i can make assignments. On top of that i seem to have lost all my control settings for every other aircrafts! I download new linda and just replaced over the old one. I guess i should have done backup first but i didn't. Does this mean my settings got replaced? This i can do again but I', still stuck with buttons not being detected. 

Please help.

Thanks

Swadeep

Backups are strongly advised before applying new updates as stated on the download page and in the release notes. Did you do a clean install of LINDA or did you just drop and paste on top of your existing installation?

However, all is not lost as all configuration files are backed up as timestamped copies. Look in /linda-cfg/aircrafts/{your aircraft}/, find the backup before you installed and COPY it before renaming it config-hid.lua.

I am more concerned that LINDA is not detecting button pushes. If the problem persists, go to Setup LINDA page, turn on Developer mode and VERBOSE logging. Restart FSX and LINDA with a Default aircraft. Press a few buttons. Then email me the fsuipc4.log to linda@awginfosys.net. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi. Thanks for response. Let me explain further so i know what i need to do exactly.

1. I just installed over the old one and did not do back up. I have now removed linda from modules and sound folder and copied over the new one again to do clean install. I backed up the linda-cfg/aircrafts folders before doing this separately elsewhere. I haven't copied the ones i want over yet.

Ok I got it working now i think. Will report back if have any problem. Seems like i have to click SYNC for it to work. Will report back if any further problem. Thanks

Glad you got it working. LINDA FSXSync must be selected before anything will work especially after a reinstall. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Yup thanks so much. I haven't updated in ages so wasn't sure if there was this setting there before also? but never mind oh well. One more question please. Now when i import back my old profile, as you said...i find the timestamp i want and rename it to  config-hid.lua  right? However i have settings for mcp combo 2 also do i do the same for that too? rename to what exactly just incase? i see config mcp default and also config mcp2 default etc. i think just the config mcp 2 right?

thanks

swadeep

Your also need to find the last config-mcp2.lua file, copy it and rename it. The click on Reload Lua Engine. You may get an error dialog mentioning LAMP. Just accept this error and go to the Radio/User MCP panel and remove assignment from the LAMP option in all 3 modes. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Ok noted. I'll try and report back if anything goes wrong. Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers

Swadeep

Hi,

first of all I want to let you know that I just started with Linda.

I have the same problem with several versions of Linda. The only version which worked for me was 4.8.6 (thats the one I started with).

All newer versions do not register any button presses. After several tries (clean install + only overwrite) Linda stopped to delete the keybindings but does not register the buttons.

Not in the sim and not if I only open Linda to change the assignments.

Maybe you can give me a hint what is going wrong there.

I have made some tries the first one failed, during the second one it suddently worked in the sim but the third one was without any function again.

I started a logging in verbose mode as you wrote above and will send you the logs in a minute.

thanks in advance.

Tatsu

The log files look identical except for not displaying button presses. I do not see or understand why the first and last sessions are not actioning the button presses. What did you do differently in the second case?

I would ask you to try a couple of things to assist:

1. Please tick the GUI, LUA and VERBOSE logging.

2. Select the Joysticks page and press buttons.

3. Load a default aircraft (Cessna C172 or Beechcraft 58) instead of the FSLabs A320X. (It is always best to get the simple setup working before loading more complex aircraft).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

OK I tried that and I am able to reproduce the problem/solution in several tries now:

• Starting Linda -> No button recognition (Switching aircrafts in Linda has no effect), I'm able to assign buttons but can't identify them by pressing the button
  • Starting FSX (Main Menu) -> No button recognition (FSX Sync is always shown in red)
  • starting from this point I'm able to click FSX Sync manually so it switches to orange and selects "* FSX Default".
  • At this point Linda is recognizing the buttons again and I'm able to use them in the sim as well (working for standard aircraft + FSLabs A320X)
  • When starting FSX (and Linda starts GUI via autoload) it is directly in the orange FSX Sync Mode and recognizes the buttons
  • After closing FSX Linda keeps recognizing the buttons without any problems.

I will send you the last logs testing that with the C172.

I hope this helps to identify the problem. With this workaround I'm able to operate my flights with the last version of Linda.

I think you have answered the question yourself. LINDA is working correctly.

LINDA will only action button presses when the FSXSync is activated (orange border around aircraft selector). FSXSync can only be selected when your Flt Sim is up and running. Once you load an aircraft you should check that FSXSync is selected. This state will normally be remembered between aircraft changes and closing and starting LINDA. However, on first installing LINDA it must selected manually.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

OK, In my case it seems not to save this option as it did in version 2.8.6 where I was also able to recognize and assign the buttons prior to starting the sim (by selecting the Aircraft profile manually in Linda).

But however now that I know to fix that for my installation I can work with tihs.

Thank you for your help :ha:

There was a necessary change to the FSXSYNC logic which may have changed this behaviour. It was not logical to be able to sync before the aircraft is loaded. If the flag is set in the config-sys.lua file then the sync will occur automatically. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello and thank you!

Sent the log file via email. Read support instructions and used default FSX plane pressed a few buttons.

System win 7 64

FSX -dx10

I download the latest 2.9.2 v3 (487)

Updated my paid FSUIPC4.963

I did a clean install – deleted all Linda files in modules folder and dropped the new ones in. Backed up my folders but waiting until we get it the basic setup working.

Linda recognizes the proper plane and the orange box with FSX sync works when I drop a module folder in.

Problem:

1- I get no “on release” for my goflight panels.

2- While it looks like Linda is communicating with fsx the buttons -  they show in the Linda interface as being used in Linda (but not the on release)- the switches do not do anything in the sim.

3- Also seems like I used to be able to customize a plane without FSX running but no more.

Thanks again,

Rob Hollis

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

After several emails and testing with the ever so patient Mr. Scotflieger I am happy to report back that my problem was solved quickly.

Now you ask what we did. Sorry but I fooled around with so many things and test that I could not even tell you. I will say if Linda does not work the first time you install it shut down the sim and try again (or again and again like I did).

Just have to say many thanks Scotflieger!!! You sir are a star!!

Donation (my third I think) is on the way!! Always give back to the guys that offer great, professional support!!!

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"