Sign in to follow this  
Guest gustavo

brake problem after landing

Guest gustavo

Hi gyus,

im getting a problem after landing seems like brakes go full by themselves, dont know why, i have autobrake off, and i even tried disconeecting my pro pedals and nothing happens, i have to set full thrust so the plane will move. very annoying any help=

What does the Gear EICAS page say?

I recall on 737 or 777 I managed at one time to overheat the brakes so much, so that safety plug gave for the tyres and the effect was like if I had parking brake applied.

i have a break temp warning after takeoff always, but i do not abuse the breaks on taxi at all, and when i land this happens, but it happens as sooon as i touch down, i havent even aapplied breaks when it happens, i just have full reversers

Hi,

Do you use fsuipc?

If yes, you can try to delete the fsuipc.ini or the profile for the 747 if you use separate profile (back it up in case it wouldn't be that).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Yes I have fsuipc but i dont use a single profile for the 747 i use a generic one for all my 4 engine planes

Hi,

As I am now having this problem too, I came to this post via Search. Is this case came to a conclusion?

Yesterday I landed normally at KTPA using B747F / P3DV4.1 after 7 hs flight from LPAZ and I couldn't taxi to the gate after clearing the active and holding short due to Tower instructions.

And, as described by Gusifer, I had to apply max throttle to reach a gate.

Thanks.

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If I takeoff heavy with brake temp at 1 or 2 by the time I reach V1 temps are at 8 or 9 & shortly after Vr tires are popping, usually 4 - 6 tires. Just seems seems way too sensitive but then again I've never piloted a 747 so what do I know. Maybe takeoff has to be with brake temps at 0 when you're heavy...

Mark  

Hi,

If brake temperature increases so much during takeoff that the fuse plugs melt, then I would assume that the brakes are not fully released. Usually comes from an axis that is not properly calibrated or with an unsufficient deadzone.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I am having the same issue as well, however I don't have any over heating warnings displayed .  Can it be a bug or is there a realism setting that can be changed?? Makes for frustrating conclusion to a flight when you have 2 other aircraft waiting to enter the runway.......

Check your hardware and make sure your hardware isn't giving you stuck brakes. If you use FSUIPC, move FSUIPC.ini somewhere else to see if it's an FSUIPC issue. If it isn't, you can always move the file back.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I will double the remove the  FSUIPC.ini suggestion even if you don't have any profiles specific the 747 or anything else. Over the years I have had problems with things caused by FSUIPC that had nothing to do with anything I have ever set up in FSUIPC. If I could find another way to autosave I would be done with it completely. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

1 hour ago, Ralgh said:

If I could find another way to autosave I would be done with it completely. 

Did you know that all you have to do in the PMDG QOTSII to save the flight is click on the EVENT button above the EICAS screen?  Sure, it's not automatic but don't those automatic pauses end up causing long delays everytime they occur?

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Sure, it's not automatic but don't those automatic pauses end up causing long delays everytime they occur?

Depends on the system and save frequency, but yep.

Kyle Rodgers

I personally don't notice a pause when it saves but I have, or at least think I have a pretty high end system. I have a macro for one of the buttons on my keyboard to do a quick save but I have to be there to press it. I tend to get rid of FSUIPC for a while but sooner or later I'll have a crash or two then I'll put it back in for the autosave. Then repeat that cycle over time. I've even been inspired to try to learn some coding so I could make a simple program to just autosave behind the scenes like FSUIPC but I imagine starting from zero the amount of learning is mountainous just to do that one thing. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg