Sign in to follow this  
thibodba57

QOTSII Delta

Just starting in on her.  Lots more works needs to be done.  Alignment check on the tail, I'm pretty happy where the Delta logo is sitting on the hump.  On the todo list is weathering for all the doors.  Especially Jetway wearing.  Add brake dust and a few other odds and ends.  And apparently checking the window variant I had selected....

32994248471_8767c87882_o.png

33120991595_e32c4ab8e8_o.png

• Like 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Looks good so far, brother, the worn in liveries are best.

spacer.png

+1 what Boomer said!

Looking forward to further updates and final version.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Looking good Brian!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

So went darker with the color just a tad since Deltas official logo color doesn't seem to mesh with FS.  Been beating my head against the wall today trying to get everything to align correctly...still not completely satisifed with it all.  Its the tedious part.  I highlighted the APU/Tail to look more authentic and dirty though.  The biggest difference is I'm going to include two different bellys.  Delta has been putting their logo on the belly lately.  They are retiring the 747 so doubt they will actually add it on the line though.  But you can have yours for the very very low price of free if you so choose!

33139262205_99e97b2001_o.png

No Logo

33012083091_5861a2763d_o.png

With Logo

33139261665_2b50612b57_o.png

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

1 minute ago, thibodba57 said:

So went darker with the color just a tad since Deltas official logo color doesn't seem to mesh with FS.  Been beating my head against the wall today trying to get everything to align correctly...still not completely satisifed with it all.  Its the tedious part.  I highlighted the APU/Tail to look more authentic and dirty though.  The biggest difference is I'm going to include two different bellys.  Delta has been putting their logo on the belly lately.  They are retiring the 747 so doubt they will actually add it on the line though.  But you can have yours for the very very low price of free if you so choose!

Sweet Brian!

I actually like the Delta on the belly.  I spot on the beach at KLAX and they fly right over me.  Although its not really hard to tell a Delta bird...that logo leaves no doubt. LOL.

Good job on the alignment...the absolute bane of all painters!  There are paints I won't do because of all the lines that pass through those boundries...like to pull every last hair out getting them just right!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

This looks great!

I am curious if anyone perhaps would be interested in creating the livery for some of the previous Delta Liveries. I know fictional liveries are not super popular with some, but I thought I would ask. 

Joe OConnell

Another short update.  Steve told me the paint so far wasn't so awful so I'd figure I'd share my progress.  Lots of other stuff going on the last week so haven't made near as much progress as I'd hoped todo plus this tedious stuff and not even flying the plane is starting to make me go crosseyed. 

Front Left side:  Jetway dirt fade of the L1 and L2 doors.  Some windows have some streaked grime.  You can see the nose wheel is also dirty.  That was an unfortunate necessity to add a decent amount of brake dust to the mains.  Upper Deck Egress door has the very common two streaks.  You can compare teh seam and rivet highlights between the L1 and L2 doors.  I still need todo it.  Maybe later tonight if I'm not busy.

32797916910_256ed322b5_o.png

Upper Left side: You can see the streak from the captains side window and the Sky Team Decal was thrown on the aircraft as a sticker.  I don't know if thats what it is, but I saw it on a picture I figured it be a nice touch.  The overhead escape hatch has some grime on it also. Also some windows with some weathering.

32797914770_7efa20d12d_o.png

Front Right: Window weathering, Upperdeck Egress door. and the FWD LWR Cargo Compartment door is pretty dirty.  I think I'm happy with the subtle dirty on the pax planes rather than the overbearing on the freighters.

32797913240_df0aec5991_o.png

Rear Right: Window weathering, L5 Weathering and highlight.  Still needs more just not sure yet.  The AFR LWR Cargo Compartment door needs to be toned down.  You can see the Mains look a little dirtier form here, but you can't see how they are individualized they are.  Some wheels have more dust than others.

32797911280_69f88ae378_o.png

Rear Left: More dusting added to the APU compartment as seen from a photo.  Might fade the forward side just a tad more.  Weathering and highlight of L5.

33138393746_a65a2cc53a_o.png

Thats all I have for now.  Its a very slow work in progress but I am making progress :-)

beta.gif   

My Liveries

WOW,

That is outstanding. That will look good going into RJAA ;-)

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Fantastic work Brian!

Adding dirt and wear really bring the Queen to life and greatly enhance the immersion factor!

There is nothing more I can teach you...you got the skill my friend! 

I will collect on my services though....I just bought PS6 last night....you owe me a few lessons!:cool:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

A few more.  There was one slight thing I saw that needed fixing but pretty sure its ready to go.  Just waiting to hear back about a performance based question then will package it up and upload it.  All in all I think it came out pretty good for my first weathering painting.

33208029986_aa0072a2c3_o.png

33121202361_f83a6c9843_o.png

33121204031_98ae4b5359_o.png

And like I said the package will have both the logo and without the logo for the belly.

33249510295_091c308f34_o.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

That is one heck of an outstanding detailing job!  Can't wait to install this one and look at her up close and personal.  :cool:

Bravo Zulu to you, Brian!

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

The file  as been uploaded to Avsim and just awaiting its final approval from the Avsim staff.  I hope you guys all enjoy it!  Back to making Freighters dirty I guess.

beta.gif   

My Liveries