Sign in to follow this  
super jet 100

Question about nav data output from XP11 to gps trainer software

Is it possible to make read Garmin trainer software (G1000 or GNS 430) navigation data from XP11 ? I don't want to buy stuff like RealityXP to make it fit into a cockpit, because I already have G1000 sim (from link above) installed on my laptop.

thanks.

It might be that the lack of replies is an indicator that such as you're asking doesn't exist.

I do recall reading a thread a while back (like a year or so ago) where someone was interested in trying to make what you describe happen, but I never heard anything of it again.

I think it might be possible to do, since both the Flight1 and RealityXP implementations of their respective GNS and GTN software offerings depend on the Garmin trainer software, but... they're also the ones with the know-how and as such, aren't likely to make such an item available that might compete with their existing gauge programs. You never know, there might also be limitations on what Garmin allows their trainer software to be used for.

I would like it for sure.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

On February 26, 2017 at 1:08 AM, super jet 100 said:

Garmin trainer software (G1000 or GNS 430) navigation data from XP11

Do you mean you'd like the trainer DB be updated from XP11 DB? Or do you mean you'd like running the trainer as a gauge in the simulator?

The former is not (yet) possible for our products. The latter depends. The GNS 430 you are referring to is the older non-waas model. However we do offer a complete GNS 530W/430W V2 simulation product which does the same as the non-waas and more.

As for the G1000, it is possible to offer something similar as our other Garmin simulation products, that is using the trainer in the backend for simulation accuracy. But first, we'll release the G500/600.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

6 hours ago, RXP said:

Or do you mean you'd like running the trainer as a gauge in the simulator?

I think the original poster meant running the respective Garmin Trainers as a standalone application, communicating the aircraft information from X-Plane.

Such a thing would actually be quite handy, particularly if it could be networked. In fact, Garmin has their GTN trainer on the iPad, I'd be in seventh heaven if that could be linked somehow to the sim. Anyone who could make *that* happen would likely profit a tidy sum... (I know it can technically be done by using a tablet as a window and dragging an undocked gauge to that window, at least in MSFS, but that's a royal pain and comes with drawbacks, not worth the effort in my opinion.)

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Im running a similor software  Flightdeck from jeppesen  on seperate window ,

work perfecly ,  will post a pict later ...