Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Your servers Down Sunday Morning?

Just now, woozie said:

Haha, fair enough

Dont get me wrong, i dont expect them to buy into full scale redundancy, but this seem to be missing even a basic level of reliability. 

Even with a 24 SLA for such issues customers would have been informed by now, including ETA....

Agreed.. partially.. logic must be in here to cope with this failure mode.. it's not great that this results in the sim itself becoming unavailable for users.. and I do agree.. a response should have been posted by now.. so we're nearly of like mind ;)

Craig Read, EGLL

2 minutes ago, craig_read said:

Agreed.. partially.. logic must be in here to cope with this failure mode.. it's not great that this results in the sim itself becoming unavailable for users.. and I do agree.. a response should have been posted by now.. so we're nearly of like mind ;)

Aren't these guys in Vancouver or something? That's 8 hours behind GMT. Don't expect anything for another couple of hours at least...

The one thing I have realised  after going back to OPUS for today's fill-in , is how much better Chaseplane actually is.  

1 minute ago, Kevin Brigden said:

Oh wait, my mistake their mailing office is Florida... Don't know where I got Vancouver from.

You are probably right though.. it might be a bit early yet.. see even I'm getting frustrated with it now!... lol

Craig Read, EGLL

There should be a built in redundancy that if it were to be unable to connect to their server it was result in an offline mode with functionality but not to save to their servers

Well I am on the East Coast (Boston) and after reporting this outgage, still not have heard from them!

• Upvote 1

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

1 minute ago, craig_read said:

You are probably right though.. it might be a bit early yet.. see even I'm getting frustrated with it now!... lol

Testify. I had a nice vfr flight from Pheonix up to Grand Canyon via Monument Valley planned. FSX is spoiled now without either chaseplane/EZDOK and as-per, it's raining in sunny old UK so can't even go for a nice walk!

I thought I was the only one having this issue. This is BS :( 

Whats the logic behind me needing to verify who I am every single time before i launch a camera addon. :marah:

• Upvote 1

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but let's not forget, we signed up to an ALPHA release, not a Beta, not a finished product. So far it's been pretty, damn good. Let's not lose sight of that, give the guys a chance to get things working again and come up with a fix to stop the loss of service again.

It's not the end of the world.

Just now, NigelC said:

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but let's not forget, we signed up to an ALPHA release, not a Beta, not a finished product. So far it's been pretty, damn good. Let's not lose sight of that, give the guys a chance to get things working again and come up with a fix to stop the loss of service again.

It's not the end of the world.

Only its not just Chaseplane. VFX Central doesn't start up either. Hell, not even their website loads.

• Upvote 1

ok, now it becomes serious....as i'm not simming my GF is trying to convince me (which means i have no other choice) to accompany her  to that furniture exhibition she was supposed to go alone...

FSFX, get it FIXED NOW!!!! HELP!!

• Upvote 4

I think it saves your settings in the cloud.  A good trade off would be to cache the settings locally if the online settings are not available.  I not sure that it validates your license every time but if it does it would certainly be an issue if anything were to happen to their server like today.  The IP address used by chaseplane is out of a server hosted in Montreal.

I hope they peek at the forum before going out for Sunday brunch.  :)

i know its a pain but these things happen in the real world

i am able to fly as normal using my joystick to pan around not as good as CP but not the end of the world for me

Just saying :)

I just wanted to diable CP as Daantjeeuh described on page 2. But I do not have any CP entry

in dll.xml using FSX here. Can some have a look at their dll using FSX too.

Thanks Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1