Sign in to follow this  
simtom

Iceland Demo problems

Hello to you all,

Today I installed the Iceland Demo and was really looking forward to see it in action.

Unfortunately things aren't working out for me as they should be.

First of all, BIKF (Keflavik Airport) is not displayed correctly. The runways and taxiways are cutting through the terrain.
vlcsnap-error035.png

I did have an issue with this airport as well before installing the demo, the runway slightly disappeared under the terrain. Also, all the lights are floating.

It seems like it's only this airport that's giving me problems. I tried Reykjavik Airport and there everything was fine.

Secondly, I don't think the demo is actually active.
The textures still look like the stock ones. I tested this by changing the time to dusk/night and there were no 3D lights or whatsoever. 

I really want to tryout this demo so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

- Toma

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

with the rwy   did you  use  the aec   tool  (airport elevation correction tool)  this  should  fix  the  rwys  being  down

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, pete_auau said:

with the rwy   did you  use  the aec   tool  (airport elevation correction tool)  this  should  fix  the  rwys  being  down

Unfortunately I can't access that tool, I don't have any other Orbx product. 

13 hours ago, simtom said:

Unfortunately I can't access that tool, I don't have any other Orbx product. 

I see  that you have  posted  your issue  at the ftx  forum,  sure  that nick or  some  one  else  will get  your  fixed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

I see  that you have  posted  your issue  at the ftx  forum,  sure  that nick or  some  one  else  will get  your  fixed

Yes, that's correct. I posted it here as well because I thought it would get more attention. 

I know it's only a demo (and freeware) but how can I judge something correctly if it isn't working the way it should be?

I'm sure we'll figure this out somehow.

1 hour ago, simtom said:

Yes, that's correct. I posted it here as well because I thought it would get more attention. 

I know it's only a demo (and freeware) but how can I judge something correctly if it isn't working the way it should be?

I'm sure we'll figure this out somehow.

sure  that you will  if  you go  to  ftx  forum and  in the seach box on top type in iceland demo  it  will list  a few  pages  of   simliar  issues  as  you have  with solution maybe  one  of  those   relates  to your  here is  one  that maybe   will help

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/120905-iceland-demo-with-fsx-steam/#comment-1085034

Peter kelberg

44 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

sure  that you will  if  you go  to  ftx  forum and  in the seach box on top type in iceland demo  it  will list  a few  pages  of   simliar  issues  as  you have  with solution maybe  one  of  those   relates  to your  here is  one  that maybe   will help

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/120905-iceland-demo-with-fsx-steam/#comment-1085034

I took a look but it looks like he got an installer, whereas I downloaded a .zip and used FTX Central v3.

I manually installed the scenery and now everything works perfectly apart from the 3D lighting. I'm not seeing it in the sim.
Knipsel.PNG.d47f4ddde804ef641a4e5d3dd6d912ad.PNG

Another issue I'm having is that the FTX Central app is not being installed. I have to keep using the installer exe. Any solution for that?

11 minutes ago, simtom said:

I took a look but it looks like he got an installer, whereas I downloaded a .zip and used FTX Central v3.

I manually installed the scenery and now everything works perfectly apart from the 3D lighting. I'm not seeing it in the sim.
Knipsel.PNG.d47f4ddde804ef641a4e5d3dd6d912ad.PNG

Another issue I'm having is that the FTX Central app is not being installed. I have to keep using the installer exe. Any solution for that?

Least you getting  some where  maybe  its  was  a  corrupt  download  of the ftx3  central,   download  the link at the bottom  and  try again  by installing  it  as admin

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/131103-i-need-help-with-an-issue-regarding-ftx-central-3/#comment-1165915

Peter kelberg

47 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Least you getting  some where  maybe  its  was  a  corrupt  download  of the ftx3  central,   download  the link at the bottom  and  try again  by installing  it  as admin

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/131103-i-need-help-with-an-issue-regarding-ftx-central-3/#comment-1165915

I tried it again, but no succes. It does say it's installing but I can't find it anywhere on my computer. 

18 hours ago, simtom said:

I tried it again, but no succes. It does say it's installing but I can't find it anywhere on my computer. 

Dont  know  what  o/s  you  got  but  if  ftx central did install correctly  it  will be  under the orbx  folder under  programs,  or   under  search option in the start menu  just  type ftx central3  ad  it  will tell you if  its  installed  and  where

Peter kelberg

On 28-2-2017 at 8:08 AM, pete_auau said:

Dont  know  what  o/s  you  got  but  if  ftx central did install correctly  it  will be  under the orbx  folder under  programs,  or   under  search option in the start menu  just  type ftx central3  ad  it  will tell you if  its  installed  and  where

I checked that and it looks like the software installed just fine. 

Also, I updated the Orbx Libraries and now the 3D lights are working.

Everything is working as it should be.

Thanks for the help, Peter.

12 hours ago, simtom said:

I checked that and it looks like the software installed just fine. 

Also, I updated the Orbx Libraries and now the 3D lights are working.

Everything is working as it should be.

Thanks for the help, Peter.

Its ok  glad  you got  it  fixed  now 

Peter kelberg