Sign in to follow this  
mpw1976

RAAS - short runway issue

Hi alltogether,

I have a little issue with the RAAS system installed on my Queen. Allthough the runway is definitely long enougth, it yells "short runway, short runway".

For example I start at Munich (EDDM) runway 26L (4000m/13000ft), it anounces correctly "on runway 26 left - 3950 meters remaining". But shortly after applying takeoff power, about the touch-down-zone markings it says "short runway".
I tried several things to change the units, but it allways stays with meters.
My setup is a P3D v3 (using hybrid Settings - alt in feet, distances meters), the displays in the queen are set to kgs (but changing both settings does not change the raas calls).

Has anyone the same behaviour? Any suggestions, how to fix this wrong raas anouncement?

Thank you for your help.
Martin Wiese

PS: Yes I allready tried to use the makeRwys.exe but it did not fix my issue :-(

Hi,

You would be better served by asking this question in the RAAS support forum - RAAS is not a PMDG product. The FS2Crew, RAAS, support forum is directly below this one in the forum list.

David Jones

Hi David,

yes regarding the product itself you are right, but I refer to the version delivered with the QotS II. I don't have the "Pro" version of FS2crew, so I thought as PMDG customer, this is the right place to ask kindly for help.

Kind Regards

Martin Wiese

A regular updating each time before you fly is necessary of all the little programs that run together in your simulator

RAAS uses the runway file from Pete's Makerunways program

Besides the latest FSUIPC version you should be getting http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

Download the Makerunways, unzip the exe into your main fsx/p3d folder and run it as admin after each scenery change. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

- David Lee

Hi David,

thanks for your proposal, but neither the MakeRunwys nor FSUIPC did the trick. But it is fixed now; here is the solution:

After loading the Queen, an additional Menu item in the AddOns Category pops up. There is the config of RAAS Proffessional (hidden) available.
The units where correct recognized as meters when the Queen was installed, but the field-length was stored in RU (runway length units) so if its changed from feet to meters, this parameter has to be manually edited from something around 5000ft to (lets say) 1800m.

Thank you all for your help
Martin Wiese

As mentioned by someone else, RAAS is not our product. Sure, it's shipped with the Queen, but that argument is like saying the tires on your car shipped with your car, so instead of going to the tire manufacturer with issues, you go to the dealer because they shipped with your car.

You may want to report this to them. They may find it of interest.

Kyle Rodgers

I had this too. You must have changed it from ft to m. The problem is that the raas doesn't use either of them, but uses RU, runway units, or something like that instead. It should be at 5700 ru by default, and if it's in feet it works. But of you changed it to metres as I did, it will want a 5700m long runway now. Change that to 2000 or something like that and it will be ok.

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png