Sign in to follow this  
ray123

Add scenery from FSX

Hello everybody,

I just tried to install an airport (Varadero MUVR) in P3D. Luckily I could point to the P3D root folder but it didn't show up in de scenery.

Then I added it manually with Add scenery... There are two maps inside MUVR: Scenery and Texture. I just added MUVR with both folders.

But it didn't work. Only the ground textures are visible but the airport itself is nowhere to be seen...

Any tips?? Thanks

1 hour ago, ray123 said:

Hello everybody,

I just tried to install an airport (Varadero MUVR) in P3D. Luckily I could point to the P3D root folder but it didn't show up in de scenery.

Then I added it manually with Add scenery... There are two maps inside MUVR: Scenery and Texture. I just added MUVR with both folders.

But it didn't work. Only the ground textures are visible but the airport itself is nowhere to be seen...

Any tips?? Thanks

Add the folder name and path that Scenery and Texture both sit in. IE their "parent" folder. One entry in the scenery database.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Most likely, if you did it the correct way (adding the folder containing scenery and texture to P3D scenery), the scenery is not compatible with P3D.

Is it actually scenery or is it an AFCAD? 

When you say ground textures do you mean the taxiways or all of it? 

You can put FSX scenery in P3D but may require you to fix the taxiways.  The runways, ramp, buildings etc should show up.  

The ADE program will allow you to convert.  In taxi links you just reset all the flags then recompile and ta da the taxiways are back. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

On 28-2-2017 at 2:08 PM, jason99vmi said:

Is it actually scenery or is it an AFCAD? 

When you say ground textures do you mean the taxiways or all of it? 

You can put FSX scenery in P3D but may require you to fix the taxiways.  The runways, ramp, buildings etc should show up.  

The ADE program will allow you to convert.  In taxi links you just reset all the flags then recompile and ta da the taxiways are back. 

It's an addon airport of taxi2gate. They use photoreal textures for the runways and underground. This part is visible but the airport itself and gates, busses, ground services etc are all gone...

18 hours ago, ray123 said:

It's an addon airport of taxi2gate. They use photoreal textures for the runways and underground. This part is visible but the airport itself and gates, busses, ground services etc are all gone...

This airport is from 2011 but it should work in P3D. In Settings > Scenery > Scenery Objects try moving all 3 sliders to the right (Ultra, I think) to see if the buildings and gates appear. Then back off a bit until you find a balance of scenery vs performance.

Might have a problem with taxiways being invisible. An earlier post here explains the problem.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe