Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Thank you, Avsim looks great again.

Woke up this morning to find that huge 747 image gone and replaced by a really nice Avsim logo that blends into the overall theme perfectly.

Checked on my mobile and the site looks and works much better there as well.

Thanks guys,

• Upvote 3

Glad you like!  Some more polishing to do, but a lot of the major headaches seem to be gone.

• Upvote 1

I'm another fan of the redesign. It is very smooth and clean, very modern. I love the feature of being able to hover over a topic and it will give me a glance of the contents.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Looks great now. Hopefully they can bring back the recently participated threads and latest post columns.

• Upvote 2

i generally like the new design also. i think some of the features such as participated threads are just a matter of time while they configure and enable that stuff. this is after all, a newer version of the same softwares as before.

only thing i'm not crazy about is the whitespace is a little too much for me, especially when wrapping in icons and sigs and all, i feel like i have to scroll quite a bit just to read more than 1 or 2 posts at a time. and this is with a reasonably large 1920x1200 monitor..

uHczgJy.jpg

on this very thread you can see an example.. the green spots are really the only actual information to read, everything else my brain is sort of having to work to ignore. i think there may be a little tuning possible there. i tried simply reducing the zoom in my browser (ctrl+mousewheel) but rather than compress the entire page it kept things the same but with smaller text! haha

anyway good luck to the avsim guys and keep up the nice work

cheers-andy crosby

• Upvote 1

I can't seem to find threads that we have participated in, and the list of new Forum topics? I hope you just haven't had time to implement that yet, was really a handy feature that was available before the update.

Thanks - Martin

Good feedback.  There are ways to hide the signatures so there's less white space for the time being, but I wonder if we can find a way to condense some of the user info on the left so the main box isn't so big just to accommodate a huge profile pic, post count,etc.

Great re-design, thank you.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

9 hours ago, Chase Kreznor said:

Good feedback.  There are ways to hide the signatures so there's less white space for the time being, but I wonder if we can find a way to condense some of the user info on the left so the main box isn't so big just to accommodate a huge profile pic, post count,etc.

Okay, so it's easy to hide signatures for any individual, but how do we re-enable them? I turned off Elaine's signature as a test, but cannot find any way to turn her signature back on! :blink:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

40 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Okay, so it's easy to hide signatures for any individual, but how do we re-enable them? I turned off Elaine's signature as a test, but cannot find any way to turn her signature back on! :blink:

Phew! You nearly didn't come back Bill. :blush: Go to your account settings/ignored users and stop ignoring whoever.

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, Ron Attwood said:

Phew! You nearly didn't come back Bill. :blush: Go to your account settings/ignored users and stop ignoring whoever.

Thanks Ron! I would never have thought to look into the "Ignored Users" list for a simple signature show/hide flag. :ha:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Did it work? Lol we are learning together. I just found out you can hold a mouse click over a topic title and it will let you update the title.