Sign in to follow this  
DaveCT2003

VATSIM - What the HECK is going on!

Hello my dear friends and fellow flight simmers!

At least some of you know that I'm a veteran flight simmer and one of the few with 30+ years in our extremely unique and incredible hobby. Of course I'm also a veteran of VATSIM, and flying there has brought be countless hours of enjoyment, many terrific memories.

VATSIM is terrific, especially during an event and MOST ESPECIALLY when you're flying a high end aircraft in shared cockpit because you operate the aircraft together and share the entire experience from the same perspective - though it's so much more than that.

But my recent experiences on the network have been an OVER THE TOP EXPERIENCE!  Just in the last three weeks I've flown many events that have been both incredible and ultra realistic.  50+ departing aircraft at different airports and countless arrivals, spot on Air Traffic Control, and (with the exception of a very few Special People who fly online as if everyone else is AI Traffic) it's just been EXCITING even for someone like me who makes 3 to 8 flights per week on the network!

The recent San Francisco event was off the charts, LAX is always terrific, Atlanta and Memphis are kicking it hard, Amsterdam and Frankfurt have been banging almost every Saturday and Sunday and their events have been magical, U.K. and German airspace is routinely superb!

I consider my flights during the week to be good practice for events, and Weekends are for enjoying the level of traffic and interaction that pilots experience every day. 

I would be remiss if I didn't say that the VATUSA leadership has really done a great job and they seen to have brought USA ARTCCs and major airports to an all new level of expertise - and activity!!! My hat's off to them!

Anyway, I'm having a terrific time flying online and I just wanted to thank my fellow pilots and those who work hard to provide this terrific experience to guys like me. 

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I've only been flying on VATSIM for the last year or so but in that time I've seen a surge in traffic and top notch ATC - Europe mainly UK.

It would appear that the doldrums people were potsing about around the end of 2013/ 14 or so are well and truly passed.

Clear skies to you.

+1

I was astonished the other day 25th Feb with EDDF to KJFK event , even in real life there is no such traffic between those airport.

EDDF  Departures: 232 -  Arrivals: 68

KJFK Departures: 112 -  Arrivals: 141

Yes. I was also confused by the title.

Sounded like some sort of problem with VATSIM but instead it is a glowing endorsement.