Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Things for improvement

Hello!

I love this model. 3D modelling is awsome, simply. 

I noticed few things and Id like to share it. Maybe Alabeo fix this in next Service Pack?

1/  Attitude indicator:

I think its a bug on this gauge.
This side lines must always stay in the same place (pilot see degress of turn between horizon and his plane).
Only the line inside the gauge can move (up down and from side to side).

ItsabugIt_awawsxq.jpg

Example from real:

stock-pho_awawaax.jpg

2/ Graphical bug on windshield. I think it was a bad pixel on my monitor! Ufff, fortunately not!

When You zoom in You will see it (best from co-pilot position):

Prepar3D-_awawsxe.jpg

3/ I suppose it's good here to add tool for Midstar/RXP or new F1 GNS430 integration - official (pretty please!)

4/ Red lights in VC (night lighting). Too much aggresive textures with this red colour. Please do a some of tone down :-).

Regards and Thank You!

I very like Alabeo's Tri Pacer and I recommend it!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

YoYo I think the artificial horizon depicted is correct.  There are several different versions of the gauge. In your first picture the nose of the airplane is to the right of the center of the dial.  Also if you look closely the right wing is below the horizon line while the left one is above it. All three of those indicators tell me the plane is banking to the right. Take a look at this pic as well.

As far as other improvements, my biggest gripe is always the sound of Alabeo/Carenado planes.  All of their sounds are made up.  There is a sound file here on Avsim by Erick Cantu and Daniel Sallee that was recorded from a real Piper Pacer.  You'll have to use Audacity to turn up the volume of the sound files because they are low, but once you adjust the sound levels it totally changes the immersion factor to realistic. Surprisingly, I really like this little plane.

Gary

43-2.jpg

YoYo is definitely correct.  An AH wouldn't make any sense if there wouldn't be a fixed scale as a reference!

If you look at the skypointer on the AH and the fixed scale in your picture you will see that they don't align and the 0 bank angle lines are also perfectly level. 

Alabeo has it actually reversed as the moveable skypointer on the AH is fixed on their AH and the part which should be fixed on the scale, moves.

6 hours ago, iflygary said:

YoYo I think the artificial horizon depicted is correct.  There are several different versions of the gauge. In your first picture the nose of the airplane is to the right of the center of the dial.  Also if you look closely the right wing is below the horizon line while the left one is above it. All three of those indicators tell me the plane is banking to the right. Take a look at this pic as well.

As far as other improvements, my biggest gripe is always the sound of Alabeo/Carenado planes.  All of their sounds are made up.  There is a sound file here on Avsim by Erick Cantu and Daniel Sallee that was recorded from a real Piper Pacer.  You'll have to use Audacity to turn up the volume of the sound files because they are low, but once you adjust the sound levels it totally changes the immersion factor to realistic. Surprisingly, I really like this little plane.

Gary

43-2.jpg

I'm sure You are wrong :). Its a movie how Gyro works:

Check Your picture also.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, YoYo said:

I'm sure You are wrong :). Its a movie how Gyro works:

Check Your picture also.

Yes you are correct sir!  Looks as though their incorrect placement on the gyro had  me confused as to which direction the plane was turning.  The wings say banking to the left, however the nose says turning to the right.  Good catch!!

Gary

?  The nose (pitch) position on an AH can be only up and down, but not left and right. Looks like there's some kind of basic confusion about the operation/indication of an AH ;)

I have info from Alabeo.
They are working on SP1.

Good news :) !

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Having last flown a Tri-Pacer in the real world in 1969 (!), one of its more unusual features that sticks in my mind was the interconnected ailerons and rudder, which actually I wasn't very keen on. This does not however appear to have been replicated in the Alabeo PA-22 which I flew last night for the first time but perhaps including it in the planned SP might improve the authenticity of this otherwise nice product.

Bill

IMO they apparently included this function within the normal FSX limits, because if you enter a turn with the ailerons you don't need any additional rudder input to keep the ball centered 

8 hours ago, polizei said:

IMO they apparently included this function within the normal FSX limits, because if you enter a turn with the ailerons you don't need any additional rudder input to keep the ball centered 

The ball will only remain centred during a turn if you have autorudder enabled in the realism settings, otherwise it indicates an unbalanced turn. I normally don't fly with autorudder enabled but I guess that is a reasonable compromise to replicate the real Tri Pacer!

Bill

Hm, not on my install. -(Autorudder is an absolute no-go).  Confirm you have your realism settings and the joystick sensitivity at max?

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:04 PM, polizei said:

Hm, not on my install. -(Autorudder is an absolute no-go).  Confirm you have your realism settings and the joystick sensitivity at max?

Hi. Thanks for your replies.Autorudder is a no-go for me too which is why I brought up the issue.

I checked my realism settings and they were all at max apart from torque and gyro which were about 80% and my yoke and rudder sensitivities are set on maximum for every axis. After reading your posts I have re-tested the PA-22 during turns and although when I start to initiate the turn the ball seems to indicate that it unbalanced, as the turn continues the ball tends to move back towards the centre and more or less remains centred, though not perfectly, for the rest of the turn, so I guess this represents the interconnected controls.

Bill

Hi.

I love this plane and I met 3 problems:

On FSX:

-In external view,  the model of the right wheel (inside) is doubled.
-On the GPS, the COMM frequency is changed to the active frequency.
-On the GPS, the deviation bar does not appear for a trip.

Regards and Thank You!