Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

How to select single thrust lever?

Hi, simple question: how can I select a single thrust lever? If I press E+1 or 2 or 3 or 4 nothing happens. Thanks.

James Goggi

Throttle keys are:

F1  Minimum Throttle

F2  Decrease (Reverser on the ground after F1 keypress)

F3  Increase

F4  Maximum Throttle

\Robert Hamlich/

Robert, you did not understand my question: I would like to know how to select a single thrust lever (not all 4 together): usually it's done with the keyboard keys E+1 for thrust lever #1 etc., but with the 747 PMDG it does not seem to work.

James Goggi

Guest KPT747

Is it not possible in the sim maybe ?.

I checked on the CDU but did not find anything.

James Goggi

Guest Michael Moe

If you have FSUIPC its very easy

just assign whatever you want to Throttle 1-4 (or Throttle Axis 1-4)

Michael Moe

On 2/27/2017 at 2:34 AM, jgoggi said:

Robert, you did not understand my question: I would like to know how to select a single thrust lever (not all 4 together): usually it's done with the keyboard keys E+1 for thrust lever #1 etc., but with the 747 PMDG it does not seem to work.

Sorry James, you are right, I misread your post.  I'll post back if I find anything.

\Robert Hamlich/

By pressing E+1 you can only control Throttle #1 with the use of keys F1,F2,F3 & F4 but your (generic) Throttle Axis assigned to joystick still moves all 4 throttles simultaneously.

By pressing E+1+2 you can only control Throttles #1 & 2 with the use of keys F1,F2,F3 & F4 but your (generic) Throttle Axis assigned joystick still moves all 4 throttles simultaneously.

So for example, to use only throttle #4 in a left u turn while taxying you have to leave JOYSTICK throttle at IDLE, press E+4, use the keyboard F3, F2 and F1 keys to handle it during the turn and then when complete press E+1+2+3+4 (to make sure keys control same throttles with joystick) and continue by using the 4 throttles simultaneously through JOYSTICK.

For users that need to use ONLY one throttle joystick and be able to temporarily move with this joystick only throttles 1,2 and 4 for example it is not possible. This can be done only with the use of F1~F4 keys from keyboard.

It would be nice if PMDG could fix this and make it as it works in all other add on aircraft; i.e. the joystick throttle axis controls whichever (E+ press) throttles you have active.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440