Sign in to follow this  
freded

In Tutorial 1.5 - Page 53 & 54 - ANOR2A Approach Problem

Tutorial 1.5, pages 53 & 54, mentions ANOR2A approach for EDDM, but there is no ANOR2A in the EDDM ARRIVALS on the CDUs.

There are 32 STARS on the 7 pages but the only ANOR** approach is ANOR3A, which shows up twice - once for NDM08L Approach  and once for NDM08R.

Is this because the latest Navaid has changed the name?

The other problem, also on Page 54, is the mention of "Runway 27L". No such runway exists at EDDM, according to the 'AeroSoft Mega Airport Munich' Charts.pdf, which shows only Rwys 08L, 08R, 26L & 26R.

Should I therefore choose ANOR3A for the approach and ignore the mention of '27L' ?

Hi,

Yes it is due to update of the nav database and modification of real procedures and coding of the runways. ANOR3A must be an updated procedure from the ANOR2A.

Regarding the coding of the runways, it represents the QFU (magnetic bearing of the runway) rounded to the multiple of 10.

ex: QFU from 255° to 264°, the runway number will be 26, but from 265° to 274° it will be 27.

There are some exception when there are more than three runway with the same QFU where the number will be different than this rule.

Ex: LFPG, 4 runways QFU 266°: 27L, 27R & 26L, 26R (the maximum number of runways with the same number is three and if LFPG had only three runways they would be 27L, 27C, 27R).

For the case of EDDM which runways numbers have changed:

As the magnetic variation changes with time, the QFU changes and therefore the runway number.

An exemple to illustate: let's imagine a runway 26 which QFU is 264° and a variation of deviation of 2°W per year. After one year the QFU will be 266° and the runway number will become 27.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Romain,

Thanks for replying so quickly!

So I guessed correctly about the STAR renaming.

But still don't understand why both 26L and 27L are mentioned on the same page. I see that the magnetic variation would result in the runway denomination changing over time and it's probable that this had happened since AeroSoft created their version of EDDM (in 2015). But this still doesn't explain why Kyle used both codings!

So I'll use ANOR3A and ignore '27L'.

Well I don't have the tutorial 1.5. My best guess is that it is a typo.
I don't think EDDM has ever had both 26L and 27L at the same time. 

Runways today in EDDM are definitely 26R and 26L but they may have been 27L and 27R by the time the tutorial was released.

I will try to find older charts of EDDM as I don't have the variation of magnetic deviation to calculate it back.

Edit: runways 26L/R where already there in Feb 2008.

What is the AIRAC on which the tutorial 1.5 is based?

To answer your initial question, the tutorial teaches you the way to handle the T7. If you have a more recent AIRAC than the one on which the tutorial is based, just do with the actual procedures and runways. It won't change anything about the way to handle the T7.

If the tutorial says ANOR2A to ILS 27L and you can perfectly use the ANOR3A to ILS 26L, the principle remains the same in the way to program the FMC and handle the flight following it.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Yes, a typo seems very likely, although it says: "... The ANOR2A approach ends at MIQ, which is a transition for Runway 26L. In order to provide a more complete picture, though, we have requested and have been approved for 27L." So who knows?!

I don't know which AIRAC was used when the Tutorial was made. I am using an up to date version from Navigraph.

Thanks again for your help.

You are welcome.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Not sure. Dude who wrote it is of questionable character anyway...

Go with the STAR and runway that makes the most sense.

Kyle Rodgers

17 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Not sure. Dude who wrote it is of questionable character anyway...

Go with the STAR and runway that makes the most sense.

Whats with the self deprecation today Kyle! First this, then saying you are not smart.... I am worried :ohmy:

16 hours ago, 77west said:

Whats with the self deprecation today Kyle! First this, then saying you are not smart.... I am worried :ohmy:

It's my brand of humor, really. If you look back far enough, you'll find it here and there in the forum.

Kyle Rodgers