Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

How to install WoAI into P3D?

Trying to get World of AI traffic to work in P3D with the PSXseecontraffic software and I am not getting anywhere. Sure could use some input on this.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

disregard,

Cheers.

Edited by ffantasy67

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Hi

This worked for me:

I extracted all of the AI planes from the downloaded zip into a separate folder and then copied them to the simobjects/airplanes folder of Prepar3d. I did not use the scenery files from the World of AI packages.  Hope this helps.

Yes the folder structure is a problem in that they have a folder with the air services name (Air China) and then inside that folder are the aircraft and scenery folders. 

I tried to only open the inside aircraft folder and copy the Woa_AIA_B738 (or whatever name is given to the actual aircraft inside that folder) and paste those files into another folder but it then ask me to "Replace the files in the destination" or "Skip these files" I choose "Skip these files" but not sure it that is correct. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

38 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Yes the folder structure is a problem in that they have a folder with the air services name (Air China) and then inside that folder are the aircraft and scenery folders. 

I tried to only open the inside aircraft folder and copy the Woa_AIA_B738 (or whatever name is given to the actual aircraft inside that folder) and paste those files into another folder but it then ask me to "Replace the files in the destination" or "Skip these files" I choose "Skip these files" but not sure it that is correct. 

https://nickjedl.eu/flight-simulator/installing-world-of-ai-into-p3d/#without

Replace/overwrite

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Not so sure that is correct, when it asks if I want to replace, skip or choose I opened choose and found the files it wanted to replace were the aircraft config and a couple other files needed for that particular aircraft. If I choose replace it would replace all the aircraft config files with the new one which is not a good thing. If I choose to skip those files then all the other aircraft configs are left alone.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

There is a more detailed video on YouTube that worked right for me. Search for Eric Armand (its author), but anyway here it is:

It's in french, but instructions are easy to follow (unless you speak french, like me).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I did the installation *without* the manual "extract and copy".

1) Create an empty file in your P3D folder with the name "fsx.exe" (make sure you not end up with "fsx.exe.txt")

2) In the "WoAI Installer" browse to your target folder (ie P3D) and select the fsx.exe file.

3) Now you can select the target "Microsoft Simulator X" and install directly in the P3D without the manual "extract and copy". I got no errors using this method and the WoAI works really good.

or is there something "bad" with this method that I am not aware of...?

4 hours ago, doublem said:

I did the installation *without* the manual "extract and copy".

1) Create an empty file in your P3D folder with the name "fsx.exe" (make sure you not end up with "fsx.exe.txt")

2) In the "WoAI Installer" browse to your target folder (ie P3D) and select the fsx.exe file.

3) Now you can select the target "Microsoft Simulator X" and install directly in the P3D without the manual "extract and copy". I got no errors using this method and the WoAI works really good.

or is there something "bad" with this method that I am not aware of...?

I think you should verify that in each AI aircraft folder inside the SimObjects\Airplanes and in each aircraft.CFG file inside those folders you have present all the entries of the airlines installed. I'm afraid that following your method you will miss a lot of entries, but check anyway.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Guest JustanotherPilot

I just pointed the WOAI installer to my Prepar3d root installation instead of FSX, ran AIFP3 afterwards to convert any FS9 plans/aircraft to FSX and check the actual flightplans. All work fine

Doesn't work as per creating an "empty file". WOAI installer does not recognize the text document fsx.exe as it is not a true exe file. At least for me.

Why use the WoAI at all these days with P3D? The models for the most part don't work in p3dv4. Much much easier to use the FLai collection alongside PSXseecontraffic or using aifp and plans from AIG etc.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS