Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

FSDT KMEM Pauses

Include me in the list of the ones without success with FSDT products, mainly GSX and KMEM (stuttery as hell!). As I'm also a development professional I'm aware of the details, everything is setup correctly on my side and ultimately up to date. In my opinion not only their products are intrusive, but also lack a major amount of customization options, like the ones seen in other products from the most reliable developers.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I tried the updated KMEM last evening as I had not used it in a while due to the constant stuttering.  Although it seemed slightly better, I am still getting the stutters as well after the update.  Especially on the ground is where I notice them the most.  I took off in the FSL A320 and came back around for an approach and not sure I noticed stuttering in the air but on the ground they are very noticeable.  Oddly, I am also experiencing this on approach to FB KSFO only recently.  Never had an issue with that one until now.  That one seems like things are loading as I am approaching because it gets smooth on short final.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I had read somewhere to disable sounds in the tower or something to that point.  I tried the demo when it first came out and saw the stutter so I passed on it.

Its a beautiful recreation just cannot live with the stutter.

• Upvote 1

Sean Green

6 hours ago, sgreen91 said:

I had read somewhere to disable sounds in the tower or something to that point.  I tried the demo when it first came out and saw the stutter so I passed on it.

Its a beautiful recreation just cannot live with the stutter.

I disabled the sound as well, nothing seems to work.

It's too bad the Developer isn't offering any solutions.

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I disabled the sound as well, nothing seems to work.

It's too bad the Developer isn't offering any solutions.

To be fair, he did add P3D textures which helped some but, it still has pauses with the kind of airplanes typically flown there for at least a number of us. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

4 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

To be fair, he did add P3D textures which helped some but, it still has pauses with the kind of airplanes typically flown there for at least a number of us. 

Fair point, you're correct.  I didn't use the Airport much before this new update. Hopefully we can all come to some point where we are happy. 

I'm partially upset because SFD and Douglas are coming soon as well as KORD and KLAS all of which I'd love to purchase. I just don't want to spend more money if this is a problem I'd have in the future. 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Same problem in fsx, and I get crashes aswell, cant use KMEM at all. I really dont know what fsdt did with this release but its junk.

• Upvote 1

Doing something I never thought I would do, I've started using FSX(SE) again because of Flyinside.

I've installed all of my old Orbx stuff, but just exactly because of the issue in this thread, so far I have no intention of installing anything from FSDT, even though I have many of their products.

Unfortunately, These threads seem to follow pretty much the same pattern repeatedly. Somebody reports stutters, others report stutters, somebody asks has the problem been reported on the FSDT forum etc.......

Eventually, if the thread gets long enough, Umberto shows up and makes a convincing case that the cause cannot possibly be FSDT, and especially not couatl. (Spelling?)

Everyone mills about in confusion, and perhaps the thread dies or is closed.

The problems continue to be reported however, again and again.

I wish this issue would disappear permanently, but until I hear that it has, I'm actually afraid to introduce FSDT airports to my currently very nicely working installation.

Very unfortunate. I've always liked their stuff, except for the stutters.

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The tech in this airport is quite amazing . Look for instance at the reflections in the water . It truly is innovative.

But also a learning curve for Umberto to bring this new tech into flightsim for sure.

The latest update for P3D is better but not quite there .

Another issue i must bring up which is not only related to FSDT,  is the real hard time finding a gate to place my 747 or 777 and using GSX. I always end up being in a position to small :dry:

T2G LFPG in the 747 . Try find a gate from the drop down list in P3D

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Over at the FSDT forum they seem to think that Im pretty much the only one with the problem and the problem is my own.

I guess that's it though...of course until someone finds a fix.

Ron Hamilton

FYI Fakeflyer -- Flightbeam who is doing KMSP, just dropped Couatl and AddOn Manager. This will delay release of MSP -- quoting Mir:

"We've mentioned before in a few support topics about implementing a new "system" for installation and activation, so the cat is out of the bag at this point. Starting this year we're moving away from the Addon Manager / Couatl, and we're developing a totally custom new system which is more user-friendly and less prone to technical issues. I'm just skimming this topic, because a full announcement with screenshots of this exciting new system will be coming soon. 

The Delay.. what's it about? There has been production issues dealing with contractors since the start of this project. This has forced me to take on almost all the workload. The issues ranged from the quality of the production, to delays in getting assets. Since taking over, these issues have been resolved, however it has taken a hit on the schedule.  In addition to this, moving away from the Addon Manager/Couatl system is forcing me to use a totally new file format and container in the sim. There were many compatibility issues in the beginning, however changes were made and we're now set. "

I don't know if I can post the URL to this annoucement, but PM me if you want to read the entire post.

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

10 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Over at the FSDT forum they seem to think that Im pretty much the only one with the problem and the problem is my own.

I guess that's it though...of course until someone finds a fix.

Well, not really only you!!
There is a very long thread about those stutters, an user post a video also with it...and that is happening to me also, I've got those pauses during the t/o roll, but if I fly back and overfly the airport then land and taxi I'm not experiencing any stutter, I suppose that is something that is loaded when the airport load...but at the moment Umberto seems that is not experiencing this issue!

I get stutters at Honolulu and pretty sure it is texture loading. The first time I go into the scenery and take off I get stutter but if I then fly around Honolulu for a bit and land and take of again I get no stutter so this leads me to believe it is a texture issue. 

I could, and may, look into the texture and see if I can reduce some or all. I also really want KMEM  because that is where Chicago Southern flew out of and also a big FDEX hub. 

I hope we or the dev can come up with a solution. I just live with the stutter now because I love there PHNL product.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

I hope we or the dev can come up with a solution. I just live with the stutter now because I love there PHNL product.

Yeah, it's nice.  I'll be curious what you find there.  Might be less scripting so, easier to find a fix. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

20 hours ago, warbirds said:

The problem for me, is that I've become wary/weary to the point that if there were alternatives to some of these airports, I would buy them in a heartbeat and simply abandon my FSDT purchases.

Unfortunately, it feels sometimes like there must be at least an unofficial agreement between developers not to step on each others toes with competing products, and that tends to leave users facing near monopolies regarding certain airports.

I can understand some of the reasoning, but it means we all too often have few alternatives.

Bleah. Without the pauses, which I've experienced across multiple operating systems, CPU's and graphics cards over a number of years, I would probably be quite satisfied.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5