Sign in to follow this  
Sockylite

FPS Drop when on Ground!

Hello guys, I've been dealing with a problem : When I'm flying, my PC easily hits +70FPS but when Im on ground it drops to 10-, making impossible to taxi, etc...

I'd like to know if is there any solution for this problem? Thx!

Certainly it will be related to weather draw distance/detail, scenery/mesh settings and AI traffic slider settings, since there will be more for your computer to process at an airport if those settings are all maxed out, what with vehicles driving about, airport buildings and aircraft to render etc. The situation can be made worse by having done a long flight, where memory is getting steadily used up as terrain loads in, but all seems well up at 20,000 feet since there's little autogen to draw etc, then gradually things struggle as you descend, where more detail has to be drawn, and landing at a detailed airport with lots of stuff to render compounds the problem.

A good solution for that problem is FSX Booster Live, where you can adjust detail on the fly in order to keep frame rates high. It works very well and is a cheap way to resolve the issue, since it means you can adjust how much detail you have for a given situation, thus you don't have to settle for one setting on your FSX level of detail options:

http://www.thefsps.com/fsx/fsx-booster-live.html

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here