Hi guys,

I've just picked up an A10 Warthog from Thrustmaster. 

I am over the moon with the quality which is a fantastic upgrade from my Saitek, X52-Pro. (I've just been in our company A330 sim and the joystick feels identical (heavy) to the real thing).

I have a couple of questions, (default drivers no further software)

Firstly, there are a lot of switches and some are two way and some are 3 way, for the two way switches I was hoping for 2 actions, but it seems like it just cycles one function. For example, for landing gear in the boeing, the 3 way switch only regonises one position and that just cycles the gear up and down. Is there a way to have the switches register more than one position?

2) There is a reverse detent function for both throttle levers, but that axis isn't recognised at all in p3d/fsuipc, has anyone got this working?

Kind regards,

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Good purchase. I won't recommend to you to assign your axis/buttons using FSUIPC. Try using the TARGET Thrustmaster software instead, or assing everything directly into P3D.

Good luck, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 27/02/2017 at 10:12 PM, aceridgey said:

I have a couple of questions, (default drivers no further software)

I have the A10 Warthog with P3D myself and am not seeing any of the problems you mention.
I'm using the paid version of FSUICP and LINDA.

Have you installed the Warthog drivers directly from Thrustmaster:

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/hotaswarthog-en/

I would only recommend using the Target software as a last resort.
But you could try using it just to confirm your buttons actually physically work.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

9 hours ago, gboz said:

I have the A10 Warthog with P3D myself and am not seeing any of the problems you mention.
I'm using the paid version of FSUICP and LINDA.

Have you installed the Warthog drivers directly from Thrustmaster:

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/hotaswarthog-en/

I would only recommend using the Target software as a last resort.
But you could try using it just to confirm your buttons actually physically work.

gb.

Hey,

Yes drivers directly from the website.

Have you managed to get the reverse thrust detents working in P3D?

Alex Ridge

35 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

Have you managed to get the reverse thrust detents working in P3D?

Yes no problem here.

Are you using the payware version of FSUICP?

Also are you seeing the switches activating in the Windows controllers Test/Calibration app.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

26 minutes ago, gboz said:

Yes no problem here.

Are you using the payware version of FSUICP?

Also are you seeing the switches activating in the Windows controllers Test/Calibration app.

gb.

I'll double check the windows controller to see if they're functioning. 

Yes for fsuipc paid version. For me when I lift the levers and go into the reverse axis, it doesn't recognise as a new axis. 

Kind regards 

Alex 

Alex Ridge

17 hours ago, aceridgey said:

For me when I lift the levers and go into the reverse axis, it doesn't recognise as a new axis.

Well it is not an axis it's a button/switch.
Will FSUICP recognize it as a button press?
If it does you can assign the keystroke F2 to one or both of the levers in the reverse position. You need to check the "Repeat while held" box as well.
Also it's a good idea to assign keystroke F1 to the "On release" box to ensure the engines go to idle on release.

gb.