Sign in to follow this  
OzAdr1an

Engines 1 and 2 non-functional on initial load

Hi there, I've tried searching the forum, but couldn't see anyone else mentioning this issue. 

I have a problem where, on initial load from the Scenario Setup screen in P3D v3.4.22.19868 , I have non-functional Engines 1 and 2. 
I have uninstalled and reinstalled P3D, the PMDG Product, and the SimConnects. 

Manually starting the engines doesn't work. What does fix the problem is, loading another aircraft, and then switching back to the 747. 

Here is the EICAS when first loading the 747

747engines.thumb.jpg.103404768b849374acff1b1a2bce20ba.jpg

Heres the EICAS if I follow the normal start procedure. Still can't get 1 & 2 alive...

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0587409d14492971747engines2.thumb.jpg.5ac5bf01ecdd4911e39613b4a8ce4d64.jpg

And finally.. heres the EICAS if I switch to any other aircraft (P3D stock ones, or even, another PMDG one and back again (I know, I know, we shouldn't do that.. ))
All 4 engines are idling fine... 

747engines3.thumb.jpg.c30177b40d45a443f78b691413ba1f32.jpg

What am I doing wrong ? :) 

Thanks

Adrian

maybe  corrupt  panel state,  what panel state  did  you load

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The ones for the Qantas -400 livery I would assume.. also happens on the standard PMDG aircraft though as used in the Tut flight ... I can try and reload a new one when it happens... see if that makes a difference. 

43 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

maybe  corrupt  panel state,  what panel state  did  you load

Whats weird.. is if I select another vehicle then jump back to it, everything works fine.. Im just hypothesizing, but if it was a Panel State issue, wouldn't it be broken every time ? Anyway, I'll go try selecting a different panel state and see if it comes alive... 

10 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

FSUIPC installed?

Yup.. latest version. But don't use it for controls.. actually don't really use it for anything but plugin compatibility such as FSXPassengers etc

<Sim Root>\Modules\FSUIPC.ini - delete it and fly. Issue resolved or no?

Additionally, try running the sim without any add-ons (no FSPax, or other programs) other than the 744. Does it behave normally?

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

<Sim Root>\Modules\FSUIPC.ini - delete it and fly. Issue resolved or no?

Additionally, try running the sim without any add-ons (no FSPax, or other programs) other than the 744. Does it behave normally?

FSUIPC.ini delete - no change

Disabled all 3rd party add-ons, - No Change. 

So I also tried loading Panel States from the FMC... Loading 744 Default made no difference... loading 744 Short, then manually starting.. This allowed me to actually get the engines 'started'.. but they never spool up.. advancing the throttles, made no difference to engine output on 1 & 2. You can see in this image here, that they are now 'started', but still have very low oil temp, weird pressure readings, but haven't advanced. 

What really has me scratching my head is - switching to any other aircraft and then back again makes everything work fine. 

• Is there some logging I can capture that might elaborate on the issue ?

747engines4.PNG

Adrian,

I think there are some log files, but I don't remember their location off the top of my head and I'm not at my dev rig, which has all that info saved.

What is your default aircraft in the sim? How does the sim load (directly into a flight, or to the scenario selection screen)?

Kyle Rodgers

Into Scenario Select, as per manual. 
Default Aircraft/Flight is untouched, its the P3D default F22 at KVPS/19 . 

I had the problem on a previous P3D install. I ripped everything out, including all scenery, uninstalled P3D and cleaned up all left overs in roaming etc, and on a fresh install still had the issue. I've since added back in my ORBX stuff, FSUIPC, FSPax, GSX and ActiveSky. Same same as before. 
Its 'ok' because I can work around it, but I'm convinced there is something 'wrong' somewhere and I would love to track it down and perhaps solve a product issue. 

Let me know when you can if there is any specific Logging I can dig out for you. :) 

Adrian,

I'm hesitant to agree because if it were a product issue as you've claimed, it would be seen on multiple machines, and reported numerous times here in the forum. So far, it's just your machine, and a single thread.

I'll try to remember to post back with any logging locations. Not sure what we have available in the RTM versions though.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh for sure ! I didn't mean it *was* a PMDG QotS II issue, I meant rather, I can't say what was left locally between to installs thats making it screwy in such a predictable manner as I uninstalled everything, deleted roaming, local and programdata, and started afresh. I'm quite hopeful its a local config issue or conflict - I just have no idea. :) I was offering that it *may* be a weird scenario that I am somehow ending up with that is triggering an issue. So don't worry, I'm not trying to just heap the problem on a very fine PMDG product :) :) 

FWIW, I'm interested to see how this gets resolved. Sorry for the pushback, but we get blamed for all kinds of stuff (bugs in sim platforms, and even some of the quirks of the real aircraft get circulated as "bugs"), so I can get a little bullish if I sense we're taking the blame for something that doesn't seem to be us.

Does this happen if you unplug all of your sim-related hardware - yokes, thorttles, rudders, etc (prior to starting the sim)?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my Warthog HOTAS for all my PMDG aircrafts (737, 747, 777). Everything was working fine until a few days ago (I updated and installed newly purchased DC-6, not sure if it's related).

Problem is present:
- On 747, for engines 1 & 2 (3 & 4 are working normally)
- On 737 and 777, for engines 1 & 2

8ZTzvmR.jpg

When I start the sim with unplugged HOTAS it doesn't happen, I can control the engines with keyboard.

I tried to:
- uninstall / reinstall aircraft
- Uninstall FSUIPC

But nothing seems to work.

Did you resolve this issue?

Edited by Kold

A quick answer to my previous message.

I found out that some random buttons have been assigned to fuel cut off for engines 1 and 2. Unassigned them and everything is working fine now.