Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maik Berchtold

Exterior Model only Partially Visible

Guest Maik Berchtold

I can't get the Queen of the Skies working on my FSX system, I've tried both DX9 (as suggested) and DX10PreviewMode (which I usually use). The VC looks fine but the Exterior Views only show part of the aircraft, the rest is rendered transparent (see screenshot!). PMDG addresses this problem only for the rotating aircraft on the welcome screen but not in the flight itself. It happens no matter whether I use DisablePreload=1 or not and it doesn't matter whether I select a default aircraft before or not. Any help appreciated.

Maik Berchtold, Switzerland

• Upvote 1

Sorry, here's the screenshot. It might be worth noting that I'm trying to run the Queen of Skies on Windows 7 (and not Windows 10 as suggested in the manual) where its predecessor runs without any issues. I'm also using EzDok for outside views.

exterior_distorted.PNG

Hi,

Do you have the highmemfix=1 in the graphics section of the FSX.cfg?

Do you start the sim with admin rights?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

That looks like you are in virtual cockpit view and have moved the camera outside for an external view.

I believe the full model is not loaded in VC view.

I'm with Darren.

Looks a lot like the OP is in the VC view, but has slewed outside of it using some sort of camera tool.

The only "fix" for this is to use the views as they were properly intended: VC views for in the VC; external views for the exterior.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for all replies! Unfortunately the same happens if I choose an "observer view". This time the front of the aircraft is "skeletonized" and the tail textures are fully visible. The only view which shows the whole aircraft is top-down. The ezca camera-section is present in the aircraft.cfg, I've added it manually. With the old version I could use the 2D-cockpit view and set up ezca cameras from there, but this no longer works for the new version. It's frustrating.

that is pretty much exactly what it looks like if you forget to run the ezca config tool after installing new planes. i know because i've done it a lot :)  maybe check that something isn't weird with the entry you added or try removing it and letting the tool add it.. sorry only suggestion i have..

good luck

cheers,

-andy crosby

After a lot of testing I can now confirm that it is not an EZCA issue since the problem arises whether or not EZCA is installed. It is rather that the QOSII does not allow additional windows being added to the panel.cfg. As soon as I enter a new window title in the [Windows] section and fire up the sim again, the front part of the QOS is skeletonized.

M. Berchtold