Sign in to follow this  
MarcUAL

Pictures from cleaning out the basement...2000 era add-ons

Oh my, the money I spent on cardboard boxes from the late 90s to the late 2000s.

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

• Upvote 2

Looks very similar to my old collection. Thank goodness we have digital downloads now. Would be quite the pileup today

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Nice.

Looks very similar to my history.

Recently tossed all the boxes except for my original MS flight sim and Chuck Yeager's sim. Don't have them at hand but do remember the Yeager sim was monochrome and the MS product was from 1998; version 4.0

We've come a looong way, baby.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

The thing about digital download is you don't realize how much $hit you bought

Matthew Kane

6 minutes ago, ytzpilot said:

The thing about digital download is you don't realize how much $hit you bought

Thank goodness!

Like any out-of-control habit, it's good to destroy any evidence.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

On 2/27/2017 at 8:08 PM, HighTowers said:

Thank goodness we have digital downloads now. Would be quite the pileup today

There is something very nice about those boxed products though. You feel you really own what you've paid for, rather than just owning a licence, even if that has always been the case, despite the packaging.

I still buy my console games as hard copies, but at least you can trade or sell them on. Same with film or music, which I buy on Blu Ray and CD or Vinyl, where holding something means something, even if I do have to store the bloody things :bengong:

If anyone has made big moves you appreciate the compactness of things today. Since FSX has been released I moved from Toronto, Canada to Halifax, Canada to Wellington, New Zealand and back to Toronto and back to New Zealand once again, this is not including the few moves I had to make in each city. Thank god for digital downloads. 

As for the gear I just bought a large Rubbermade bin and loaded it with the PC and Saitek Gear with clothing used as cushioning. I bolted it shut and took it as Carry On Baggage. as long as you are under the weight limit all good. 

DSC00032.jpg

Matthew Kane

All of those boxes bring back great memories.  Great pics

I think I'm going to need to participate in this one... maybe I'll hit the basement tonight and take a trip down memory lane too!

From the flightsim box comes these treasures... No doubt I had so much more going back through the years, but this is all that remains in the nostalgia collection...

23h3amo.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the pics.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

On 2/27/2017 at 8:05 PM, MarcUAL said:

Oh my, the money I spent on cardboard boxes from the late 90s to the late 2000s.

IMG_0043.JPG

The 747-400 box has my name on it, on the side!. Stil have it. Haha!

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2017 at 3:26 AM, byork said:

The funny thing is in spite of the advances the "old" flightsim were just as enjoyable.

I remember "Solo Flight" for the Commodore 64.  Hideous by today's standards but still provided hours of fun.

Solo Flight was a true work of genius. I remember having a wonderful time withh it

Andrea