Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Creating Waypoints in FMC

I cannot remember, and cannot find any instructions on creating a waypoint in FMC.  Any help ??

Dave Hinson

It's a little bit vague your question the FMC have a database, if your waypoint is on the list it will show up otherwise it will give an error.

This database is updated every month where when you install NGX have an old database.

Normally you should have a flight plan where from airport A you follow this and that Fix on an airway to arrive in airport B,

What are exactly the step you do to create your Flightplan?

This is an example in Blue the airports in red waypont in green the airway.

For example Airport (A) KFLL DIDDY V267 ORL J81 VQQ T207 AYS V243 VNA KATL Airport (B)

For better understanding have a look to this website:

https://flightplandatabase.com/

If you mean manually adding one, the easiest way is probably to create an offset from an existing navigation beacon or waypoint...

So, let's say you want a custom waypoint which is 50 miles west of the Honiley VOR (which is identified as HON in your FMC). You would just type: HON 50/270 in the scratchpad and then add that line to your flightplan. That would create a waypoint which is located on a heading of 270 degrees fifty miles away from the Honiley VOR's actual location.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, DaveH said:

I cannot remember, and cannot find any instructions on creating a waypoint in FMC.  Any help ??

Hi Dave,

Take a look at FCOM1 pdf page 239 for the NGX.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

1 hour ago, DaveH said:

Hi,

Have a search in the FCOM, you will find all the explanations about inserting a waypoint in the leg page (format) and how to create custom fixes in the data base.

I don't have access to the FCOM to give you the reference as my NGX is not installed but using the search engine of Adobe with the term waypoint should lead you to the pages. (or look at the index).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

5 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

Have a search in the FCOM, you will find all the explanations about inserting a waypoint in the leg page (format) and how to create custom fixes in the data base.

I don't have access to the FCOM to give you the reference as my NGX is not installed but using the search engine of Adobe with the term waypoint should lead you to the pages. (or look at the index).

Yep, that's how I found the above reference.

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Yep,it was in FCOM1.  Basically you enter a point in the scratchpad and then up-select it to where you want it.

Thanks to all.

Dave

19 hours ago, Chock said:

If you mean manually adding one, the easiest way is probably to create an offset from an existing navigation beacon or waypoint...

So, let's say you want a custom waypoint which is 50 miles west of the Honiley VOR (which is identified as HON in your FMC). You would just type: HON 50/270 in the scratchpad and then add that line to your flightplan. That would create a waypoint which is located on a heading of 270 degrees fifty miles away from the Honiley VOR's actual location.

It's the other way around :wink:

HON270/50

But you're right otherwise! Certainly the easiest way! 

oops, yup other way lol

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here