Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

PMDG 747 P3D on 7700K & Titan X

I finally tested out my new computer with P3D and the new 747.  Jetline Simulations in Florida did the build and installed the software.

Specs are:

Intel 7700K cpu OC 5 Ghz (water cooled)

one 12 GB Titan X Pascal Card. 

MSI 270 MB

32 GB ram

I have P3D installed, ORBX, several FlyTampa airports, some Flightbeam airports, GSX, FSUIPC, Active Sky 2016.

At the FlyTampa KTPA airport I was getting 55 fps on the runway with the 747 cockpit view. ( I need to report the exact settings as this makes a difference as we know).   I am very happy with the results.  My 4 year old computer with an Intel 990X with GeForce 590 card is getting 15 fps - 20 at default airports

I am hooking it up to a 40" UHDTV this week and would like to make a video to post on Youtube.  I can't find the software that say Froogle uses to make the videos.  FS Recorder is not P3D compatible.  Any recommendations for a video software?

Paul Gugliotta

FS Recorder version 1.331 works on P3D...

P3D still needs a lot of improvement... You need a U$ 10,000 computer to run it decently on complex sceneries...

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:47 PM, paulyg123 said:

Jetline Simulations in Florida did the build and installed the software.

I have been using Jetline System computers since 2010. The most recent that I am using was built last summer. I think you made a wise choice. Their systems might be expensive but they are worth every penny because of the computer and the technical support that is available. This is my recommendation on technical support. Ken is the go to guy for technical support. He can be reached at 888-695-38534. Press number 2 for support. Do not leave any messages for call back. Speak directly with Ken. If you can't speak to him, call back later and keep calling until you have him on the phone. The best time to reach him is 12:15 to 12:55 pm EST. I have never tried their email support, so I can't speak about it. Anyway, go luck and good flying.

I actually flew to Florida to see my completed computer.  The FPS I reported was at their facility on my new computer.  Yeah, these guys at Jetline Sim really know how to build high end machines and optimize it for flight sim.  I was very impressed with them.  They loaded all the software,add-ons etc.  I think I spent $600 in add-ons to buy and for them to it load up for me (including P3D and all the PMDG Boeings).  The computer should arrive tomorrow and I can't wait to hook up a 40" UHDTV to it.  They were at the FS Convention event in Conn. last summer, along with some old PMDG guest speaker who I can't remember his name.

Paul Gugliotta