Sign in to follow this  
HANGLI

How to fly to a airport not included in the database?

How to fly to an airport not included in the database?

I want to fly to ZUNC, but it is not included in the database AIRCN 1702, so I want to know how to fly to this airport?

If the aircraft you're flying accepts GPS coordinates as a fix or such, enter the coordinates and have at it.

Or, start where you know where you are and use a VFR chart to navigate.

Etc.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi,

If I remember correctly, flying from/to airports not in the database is explained either in the FCOM or the FCTM. I don't have access to the these documents for now as my NGX is not installed.

Look at the summary of these documents.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

You can create anything you want--airport, waypoint etc. Just go to the PMDG--NAVDATA folder (within the FSX folder), open the airport .txt file. Get the coordinates and plug it in using the proper format (this is easy just copy the same format). restart your sim with the airplane and boom you're ready to go to the new airport.

• Upvote 1

You don't need an FMS to fly ANY airplane...They fly just fine even without all the "magic" turned on

If you want to simulate it in a realistic way, you can follow the supplementary procedure of the FCOM:

_ Enter the geographic coordinates of the destination airport as the last waypoint of the leg with a speed and altitude constraint (to allow calculation of a TOD)

_ Set landing alt in manual and set the altitude of the destination airport

_ Enter manually (as usual in the NGX) the navaids frequency and bearing (ILS, VOR, NDB...)

You won't be able to select an arrival, approach and runway obviously in the DEP/ARR page as the destination airport is not known but you can still enter the waypoints of the STAR and approach if it is a RNAV but not sure whether you would be allowed fly an RNAV approach in LNAV/VNAV though. The FCOM doesn't specify whether restrictions exist in this case for the type of approach.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

23 hours ago, Budbud said:

You won't be able to select an arrival, approach and runway obviously in the DEP/ARR page as the destination airport is not known but you can still enter the waypoints of the STAR and approach if it is a RNAV but not sure whether you would be allowed fly an RNAV approach in LNAV/VNAV though. The FCOM doesn't specify whether restrictions exist in this case for the type of approach.

Careful, pilots cannot enter waypoints for a RNAV/GPS approach. It's not allowed by either Boeing or civil aviation authority (FAA etc).  Approach data must be provided for in the data base.   Obviously, the best way to simulate having the data in the database is to manually add it to the navdata.

Main point as already mentioned is just fly to the destination and use VFR charts and forget the automation...., I assume such a location would not have published terminal information anyway.

Dan Downs KCRP

46 minutes ago, downscc said:

Careful, pilots cannot enter waypoints for a RNAV/GPS approach. It's not allowed by either Boeing or civil aviation authority (FAA etc).  Approach data must be provided for in the data base. 

That's make it clear! :happy:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg