Sign in to follow this  
thibodba57

Reverse Axis vs Lua Throttle Manager

I'll start by saying I don't have anye issues with Lua Throttle Manager in other aircraft (777).  However in the Queen I have some SERIOUS issues.  And now that I've seen it play out with the plugin I've noticed I've seen similar before.  Right after I bought the aircraft I lost control on a couple landings...like an outboard engine failed to actuate the reverser just with an amplified affect.  Or one reverser had significantly more pronounced amount of reverse thrust.  Anyways the aircraft would hard over 90* and come to a stop or crash.  It was so inconsistent I didn't post any errors cause I couldn't pinpoint what was happening.  But this is consistent and happens every time I use the Lua Throttle Manager.  Basically whats happened  is if i use a normal axis assigned to Reverse thrust everything works fine.  But if I use the Lua Throttle Manager plugin it allows me to use my normal throttle axis as my reverse axis.  In a lot of ways this is actually probably more accurate as it gives you full control over reverse thrust application and forbids forward thrust application to interupt the reverse thrust.  ANYWAYS.  With the plugin there doesn't seem to be any upward limit to the amount of thrust applied in reverse.  I'd say the engine is atleast 4x as powerful in reverse as it is in forward.  I got to 120GS in less than 10 secs in reverse as such it is nothing short of catastrophic.  The video attacked shows visually what happens.

https://youtu.be/-zqmcJ_cRmM

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Bump

Could a moderator please change the title of the thread to Bug: Reverse Axis vs Lua Throttle Manager

Thanks!  You can delete the message also.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Check your calibrations - I've been using FSUIPC and the Lua Throttle reverser for all my PMDG aircraft including the QOSII without issue.  My axis are 'Assigned' in FSUIPC, but please note, I do not calibrate any axis in FSUIPC or in FSX/P3D.  I simply check the axis calibration in the device's "Game Controller" settings in Windows.  Also, make sure your FSUIPC axis assignments are direct to Flightsim - should look something like this...

[Profile.PMDG747]
1=PMDG 747-

[Axes.PMDG747]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=YX,256,F,65763,0,0,0	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_AILERONS_SET }-
1=YY,256,F,65762,0,0,0	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET }-
2=YZ,256,F,66382,0,0,0,*-1	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_SPOILER_SET }-
3=YU,256,F,66420,0,0,0	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET }-
4=YV,256,F,66423,0,0,0	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE2_SET }-
5=TX,256,F,66426,0,0,0	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE3_SET }-
6=TY,256,F,66429,0,0,0	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE4_SET }-
7=TZ,256,F,66534,0,0,0,*-1	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_FLAPS_SET }-
8=RX,256,F,66387,0,0,0,*-1	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET }-
9=RY,256,F,66388,0,0,0,*-1	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SET }-
10=RR,256,F,65764,0,0,0	-{ TO SIM: AXIS_RUDDER_SET }-

[Buttons.PMDG747]
ButtonRepeat=20,10
0=PY,20,CL3:T,1 ;             LUAToggle ThrottleManager 	-{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-
1=PY,21,CL3:T,2 ;             LUAToggle ThrottleManager 	-{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-
2=PT,6,CL3:T,3 ;              LUAToggle ThrottleManager 	-{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-
3=PT,7,CL3:T,4 ;              LUAToggle ThrottleManager 	-{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-

Also, make sure you're running the latest version of the Lua Throttle manager from Pete's website/forum.

Good luck...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I'll look into the axis calibration who knows what I'll find.  But I don't have any problems with any of the other aircraft I use the plugin for.  Nor do I think you should be able to achieive something atleast 4x the  available thrust the engine is capable of producing from a mis-calibrated axis though.  All the plugin is supposed todo is switch your forward movement axis to the rerverse axis.  My reverse axis works fine.  Its only when I utilize this plugin on this aircraft.  I don't think its the plugin.  Its pretty straight forward.

But as I also said earlier.  I've lost control of the aircraft before right when it was first released and I wasn't using a reverser axis at all.  Something is quirky.  What I have no idea.  Its only happened randomly then but consistently with what this plugin is trying to achieve.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I also use that plugin and noticed the same thing. The reverse thrust fells too powerful, but I have nothing that says it shouldn't be like that. I have never tried using F2 so I don't know whether it happens only with the plugin or not.

Please note that, when in reverse mode, the axis will max out at half of its actual travel.

To say it in other words, the point where you have half forward thrust, is the point where you'll have full reverse thrust with that plugin. You can easily check that by looking at the throttles in the virtual cockpit. The reverse axis there will max out when the hardware axis is only halfway through. This is what I see on the NGX and the 747.

I normally only use idle reverse, so it works fine. I'll try with F2 and see if it's also that powerful.

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

1 hour ago, fabristunt said:

I also use that plugin and noticed the same thing. The reverse thrust fells too powerful, but I have nothing that says it shouldn't be like that. I have never tried using F2 so I don't know whether it happens only with the plugin or not.

Please note that, when in reverse mode, the axis will max out at half of its actual travel.

To say it in other words, the point where you have half forward thrust, is the point where you'll have full reverse thrust with that plugin. You can easily check that by looking at the throttles in the virtual cockpit. The reverse axis there will max out when the hardware axis is only halfway through. This is what I see on the NGX and the 747.

I normally only use idle reverse, so it works fine. I'll try with F2 and see if it's also that powerful.

Normal reverse is fine with using either the F2 key or the normally assigned Reverse axis.  But with the plugin I get something that looks like 200k lbs of thrust in reverse which is beyond the capabiltiy of even normal thrust.  To equate, it would be like accelerating 0-120 in less than 5 secs.  The aircraft just isn't that powerful.

The only thing I haven't tried is assigning to a different joystick.  will see how that works out.  [Update] still does it with my Extreme3D joystick.  So definetly not limited to the Saitek Throttle Quad.

But this is what PMDG wrote back to me.  Will see what they come up with.

Brian,

I have no idea here honestly - we obviously can't test against every third party modification out there. I'd never even heard of Lua Throttle Manager until this ticket. I'm not sure what's going on, but I do know that we had to pretty seriously customize the reverse thrust model in the 747 vs. the older aircraft - it wasn't giving us the right N1/EPR numbers or deceleration rates otherwise. I suspect you're probably seeing some kind of conflict between what this utility does and the custom code we had to use. I'll pass the report along to the programmer who did the reverser stuff, but no guarantees on fixing it if it interferes in any way with the model we're using to get accurate reverse in the normal case (which is 99.9% of our users).

beta.gif   

My Liveries