Sign in to follow this  
NicXGG

Using FSRealtime

Morning Simmers,

I am currently investigating a CTD issue which I believe FSRealtime maybe responsible for. I am about to run a test flight and will let you know the results.

For some strange reason the user guide is not working for me and never has. Does anyone have any experience with this utility? Has anyone experienced the same CTD issue? It appears to occur during the time sync when FSX loads air, land and sea traffic. This will be done intermittently throughout the flight with no time increase. It will load fine the majority of the time however, inevitably, at some point during the flight it will take a long time to load and then CTD.

The way I am using FSRealtime at the moment is to start the program last once I have all my other utilities and programs loaded. I will then connect it to FSX and when in flight select the AutoUpdate feature. I have read that this may be the cause, hence my little experiment today.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Nick 

The user's guide is a compiled HTML Help file. It is in your FS Real Time folder under Documentation as FS Real Time Users Guide.chm

I never use auto update. I normally hit Set to Now once and then allow FS to manage the time. Hitting Set to Now causes the sim to reload the environment thus I have never wanted the utility to do this multiple times during a flight. Not sure of the advantage of running it in auto.

6 hours ago, KenG said:

The user's guide is a compiled HTML Help file. It is in your FS Real Time folder under Documentation as FS Real Time Users Guide.chm

I never use auto update. I normally hit Set to Now once and then allow FS to manage the time. Hitting Set to Now causes the sim to reload the environment thus I have never wanted the utility to do this multiple times during a flight. Not sure of the advantage of running it in auto.

I do the same....set time once, never Autoupdate.  FSRealTime never synced time in FSX/P3D the same way it did in FS9 (it always reloads FSX after a certain amount of seconds out of sequence).  Highly annoying, immersion killer!!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Yes, this "tool" used to cause CTD for me too.  I stopped using it.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hmmm.. I wish I'd have read this before I purchased FSReal Time... 2 days ago! :)

Anyway, to clarify: If I just use set once without auto update, will my flight pass through time zones correctly - even if I use time accel the world time zones are loaded into the library I believe.

Reason i ask is that I was flying a Piaggio Avanti on about a 950nm trip crossing at least one time zone. Going off the time in flight based on the aircraft clock and reverting back to zulu time it would have been under 2 hours!! No way did my speed over the ground reach higher than 380 knots on that flight (I have upper winds disabled due to FSX not playing nicely with them). Vne for the turbo twin catfish is M0.7 /260kt.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

FSRealTime is good for installing the "Fixed" TimeZone bgls...don't get me wrong, though you can gat the same files here in the AVSIM library for free, but you have to install them. 

When I use FSRealTIme, I just don't use auto update button.  Auto update isn't needed for correct timezone crossing...the installed bgl files will take care of that for you.  All I use FSRealTime for is to know what the local time is, since the aircraft I use only have Zulu.

• Upvote 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Thanks Devin,

So to me, it was kind of worth donating for. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Just to add my weight on this issue: I use FSRealTime and I have the autoupdate function enabled. I have a 30s window to allow the simulator clock to drift but after that the autoupdate will re-sync the simulator clock to GMT. This causes a "Loading Scenery" screen for 2~3 seconds usually.

I'm using this with Prepar3d v3 and FSLabs A320 with no issue whatsoever. My point is that I don't like the airplane clock (linked to the simulator time) to drift, leading to incorrect FMGC time estimates. But this is up to each user. On a 2h flight the clock will typically drift only 2 or 3 minutes.