Sign in to follow this  
MOSSS

Missing voice recognition during long flight

Hello! I have missing voice recognition during long flight (appr. after the 2nd hour of flight). Speech recognition in Windows works at that time. FS2crew works too, FO perfoms some sequence. But I am not heared, the green line does not appear. I can switch to button control, it works.

I met this in 2 long flight. 1 short flight passed without problems.

Start with the obvious... sometimes people accidently hit mute on their headset.  I've done that.

Also, Windows Speech recognition should be "off" when using FS2Crew otherwise your voice commands might start controlling Windows functions.

There are not obvious. I have experience with the FS2crew Majestic Dash 8 some months. All preferences is OK (windows speech recogn.). I used fs2crew 777 about 5-6 times. I performed 3-4 good short flights. But I met second time  the problem during long flight.....

Thank you anyway))

In short flights I did not receive message "Pilot response" from 777s FMS. In both long flights I have received the message. May be this is key....?

22 minutes ago, MOSSS said:

In short flights I did not receive message "Pilot response" from 777s FMS. In both long flights I have received the message. May be this is key....?

I think I know what that is, but I don't think it would be a factor.

I'm wondering if your USB port is going to sleep.

Check your USB port power settings.

"Check your USB port power settings."   How can I do this? Where to find this in system? Thank you

The only way I can reproduce this if if I pull my USB headset out and then plug it back it.

Are you using a USB Hub?  Ensure it's not being unpowered.

Maybe try using a different port?

Or maybe this... from another user:

I have encouraged an issue with your product. First, a short information to my system, because this is important:
I have an MSI X99A Mainboard and this is shipped with the product; Nahimic 2 (on the MB drivers Disc), wich is an Audio enhancement program. (www.nahimic.com/)
Every time I start my Simulator with Nahimic 2 running, the FO does NOT hear anything until I:
1. Kill the Nahmic and Realtek audio driver processes, with the help of the task manager - and then as the second step restart the simulator.

Here's the solution:

exit Nahimic via Tray - start the Simulator - open FS2Crew main panel - start Nahimic 2

I use external sound card M-Audio with exclusive use of USB-port, i.e. only the card for that port. Also I use USB-hub (in another port) for joystick, mouse and USB-harddisc. When I have trouble with FS2crew other applications works properly (FSX, vPilot, GSX, pmdg 777). And I can hear my voice in the monitoring mode of card (i.e. microphone input processing works). Also at the same moment windows speech recognizer works and understands my words (I can pass the test).

I can reanimate fs2crew by absolutely turning-off and then turning-on audio-card (by power knob), then pushing "reset" on fs2crew's panel.

I have not met the problem with fs2crew majestic q400 - I think because I lead short flights. The problem with fs2crew 777 occurs after about 2h40min of flight and it occurs in each long flight without exception. At that time of flight I almost do not use fs2crew (HM mode), I only die the message "pilot response" )))

Short  flights on the 777 pass successfully (1-2hours).