Sign in to follow this  
Mikeiavelli

Wrong Textures and Autogen Within Airport Boundaries

I have attached a picture of the problem I am suddenly encountering. I get random ground tiles and autogen within airport boundaries.

I have UTX but have never had this problem before.

I recently installed ORBX libraries and a couple of their demo areas. I used their FTX Central program to install and have since used it to uninstall the areas. I have kept the libraries.

I was thinking maybe there was some kind of conflict with those but that does not seem to be the problem, nor should it have been.

I also disabled UTX in my libraries, and had the same problem. I can uncheck everything that is not default in my scenery libraries and still have this issue. I am therefore assuming there is something funky going on in the default files somewhere.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Untitled.jpg

Do you perhaps have MyTraffic installed for AI? If so, this could be as a result of duplicate AFCAD files in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

No, I use Ultimate Traffic 2.

I also have REX Texture Direct 4 and played around with it to see if maybe it was causing and issue with the airport scenery but that does not appear to be the case.

@mikensherri328

In FTX Central 3, go to settings and click on "Force a migration of your unified lclookup..."

See if that does anything. Fixed a terrain issue for me recently.

34 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

@mikensherri328

In FTX Central 3, go to settings and click on "Force a migration of your unified lclookup..."

See if that does anything. Fixed a terrain issue for me recently.

Good idea, but no dice apparently. Still having the same issue. It has me stumped. I just got a brand new computer and got FSX up and running and optimized. I really don't want to do a fresh install.

Murphy's Law of course I do not at this point lol. Never thought to do that with the new setup. Pretty stupid. Looking through it I still see a TON of ORBX stuff. I have uninstalled everything with ORBX except for the libraries. I see all kinds of ORBX vectors and such in there. I wonder if I should make a backup now and delete all the ORBX references I find? 

There are other terrain files in my root FSX as well.

Terrain.dll

Terrain.TMP

Terrain.UTL

I know a little about tinkering with FSX but not enough about terrain files. I have never needed to touch them.