Sign in to follow this  
maxsill

Put FO ND on lower EICAS?

Hi folks,

is there a way to put the right Navigation Display on the lower central display?

Using the Captains's switch to put the ND on the lower CRT, it puts the Captain's ND on the lower CRT. Using the First Officers switch to put the ND on the lower CRT, it also puts the Captain's ND on the lower CRT.

Is this the only way it works?

As a side question: I've never been on a -400 with LCDs but to they keep the naming convention with "CRT" on the glareshield and main panel?

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

Using the Captains's switch to put the ND on the lower CRT, it puts the Captain's ND on the lower CRT. Using the First Officers switch to put the ND on the lower CRT, it also puts the Captain's ND on the lower CRT.

Are you putting both Captain's and F/O's Lower IDU switches to ND at the same time? The Captain's has priority.

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

14 hours ago, Qavion2 said:

Are you putting both Captain's and F/O's Lower IDU switches to ND at the same time? The Captain's has priority.

Cheers

JHW

No, only FOs switch. Captains switch remains on NORM.

Max

Flightdiary

If someone can reproduce this, maybe we could submit a ticket to PMDG.... unless it's like that because of FSX limitations?

By the way, Max, are you talking about the 3D screens or the 2D pop-ups?

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

On 2/28/2017 at 0:10 PM, maxsill said:

As a side question: I've never been on a -400 with LCDs but to they keep the naming convention with "CRT" on the glareshield and main panel?

I noticed this as well. And so off to airliners(dot)net I went. And indeed, even with the LCD displays, it says "CRT" below the brightness knobs. Must have been easier to keep the same part number I guess? Probably something to do with the fact that you walk into a hardware store and a fastener costs $0.10 but if you walk into an FAA certified hardware store that same fastener is $25.00.

Guest Lower

How do you get the lower EICAS to display?

3 hours ago, Guest Lower said:

How do you get the lower EICAS to display?

there is  a panel on the co pilot  side,  just select  on what you want  to be displayed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Alright folks,

I've been to a couple of 747-400 cockpits in the last days and it is definitely a bug in the PMDG. Turning the Switch on the FO side displays the FO ND on the lower display, not the captains one.

Should I submit a ticket or is PMDG support staff reading this?

I did also find out that the retrofitted LCD cockpits keep the CRT designation. So that's fine.

Max

Flightdiary

10 minutes ago, maxsill said:

Should I submit a ticket or is PMDG support staff reading this?

Always submit via the official portal with any and all references to manuals, images, and so on. Things are not guaranteed to be seen by us here. This is for user-to-user support and interaction.

Kyle Rodgers

I'll try to submit a ticket but somehow I have to figure out what my username there was... :mellow:

In the meantime: That's the panel state I want to reproduce in the PMDG and what doesn't work for me:

Link to picture of the real 747

Max

Flightdiary