Sign in to follow this  
Novation

X-Plane PB13 Released

Lets hope number 13 is not unlucky for some :huh:

I've not seen the release notes, but have gone for it anyway.

I haven't done any real testing, but I just loaded the Carenado PC-12 in pb13 and used it for that quick screen shot of the SkyMaxx Pro stratiform layer in the other thread. The engine worked fine on a "start with engine running" flight and in cruise. I didn't try a cold start, or test with any other planes yet.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Tested the Carenado B90 and it seems to work just fine.

Started from cold and dark and flew around a bit.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

No change in the graphics issues, such as banding and glowing trees, but performance seems huge so far. I don't do formal testing, but areas that lagged seems to be running very smoothly thus far.

Regardless things are good here, with no unwanted side effects at the moment.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Novation said:

No change in the graphics issues, such as banding and glowing trees, but performance seems huge so far. I don't do formal testing, but areas that lagged seems to be running very smoothly thus far.

Regardless things are good here, with no unwanted side effects at the moment.

Thanks interesting info

Rich Sennett

I feel performance has increased, i made a Race course helipad which exists in real in Bombay and I have the fence and the floodlights on my 2nd gen laptop i am getting 20 with objects to High using Orhto Z17 of course reflections to min no shadows and no clouds in the Dream foil R22 and its flyable except the occasional stuttering as my CPU reaches a 100 deg and has to throttle to 800 Mhz it could be the heat in Bombay , also the heli feels different ?

I have to use F2 to throttle and then use the collective and don't remember this being the case in the previous Betas.

Just saw an error message saying the XP11.prf could not be save to "users/zulfiqar/Appdata/Local/X-plane_drm_11.prf" anyone ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Just a few quick tests for different engine types (no cold starts).

Turboprops (all PT-6) -- the Carenado PC-12, Carenado C208B, RWDesigns DHC-6, and Bell 412 all load okay with engines running. No long term flight tests yet.

Piston props -- The Carenado Aero Commander still has the engines cut out when loading the model with engines running. I tried one radial -- the STMA Beech 18 and it works when loading with engines running, but the idle feels low, on the verge of cut-out with a "Generator" warning in the annunciator panel at idle. The C172 loads okay. I'll file a bug report on these other two, because the pb13 release notes say "3rd party engines fixed" and that's not the case here.

Pending further tests and updates, it looks like 3rd party turboprops might be okay now, but piston props may all need adjustments in PlaneMaker by the user or model developers for low idle fuel. I'm not going to mess with it yet.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

No improvement here vs PB 12. The Carenado 206 doesn't even start.

Hans

pb13 seems to do OK, a couple of quirks so far. I find with default C172 to get to moving, have to really give a lot of throttle about 1700 rpm before it gets t moving rocks sideways a bit then finally sluggishly moves out. Once moving I can throttle back, things seem normal then. Flies well, seems to climb more aggressively than it should. The climb n pb12 was near perfect this one goes back to a bit too optimistic. The only third party plane I have tried is the T34C Mentor from J. Rollon, (a 32 bit plane), the PT-6 engine in it starts whereas it didn't in pb12, flies really well. All in all seems to be improving.  I haven't really seen anything to report a bug yet.

VSKYLABS released patched updates for their Trike package today to overcome the engine issues that developed with pb12, and these ac's are working pefectly with pb13 as well, with no engine issues as far as I can tell.

Performance seems really good, but without a formal benchmark I would be loath to claim a general improvement for everybody. It might all be in my stupid head :laugh:

4 minutes ago, wb5okj said:

pb13 seems to do OK, a couple of quirks so far. I find with default C172 to get to moving, have to really give a lot of throttle about 1700 rpm before it gets t moving rocks sideways a bit then finally sluggishly moves out. Once moving I can throttle back, things seem normal then. Flies well, seems to climb more aggressively than it should. The climb n pb12 was near perfect this one goes back to a bit too optimistic. The only third party plane I have tried is the T34C Mentor from J. Rollon, (a 32 bit plane), the PT-6 engine in it starts whereas it didn't in pb12, flies really well. All in all seems to be improving.  I haven't really seen anything to report a bug yet.

99/5000

I also noticed C172 having difficulty starting to walk, as if there were stones on the wheels.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Here's the release notes from http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-00-release-notes/

Public Beta 13

Key Features & Improvements

Starting 3rd party engines from cold & dark fixed.

Fixed man pressure needles disappearing due to divide by zero bug.

Additional Bug Fixes

XPD-7426 Cursor location too far off from mouse click.

XPD-7521 Birds fully disabled when manual failure is off and MBTF is not in use.

XPD-7725 Add explanation to HDR mode hover text.

XPD-7730 Update notices displayed incorrectly on high res monitors.

XPD-7747 Restore washed out control effectiveness in reverse airflow. Apply AoA effectiveness washout to all control surface types.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I have filed a bug report for the C172 not moving until the rpm's reach 2000 rpms. I think they have welded the tires to the ground just a tad too much. LOL.

I had one instance of the Barron not cranking the starboard engine. Loaded another plane then went back to the Barron, and both engines cranked OK.

53 minutes ago, wb5okj said:

I had one instance of the Barron not cranking the starboard engine. Loaded another plane then went back to the Barron, and both engines cranked OK.

Both engines on the barron won't spin, I'm guessing LR is getting a lot of bg reports for it. 

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Tried the IXEG 737. Full power and no movement. I though the chocks were still in. I know technically the IXEG plane isn't updated for XP11 but it's worked fine up until this point.

NAX669.png