Sign in to follow this  
Novation

X-Plane PB13 Released

29 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Tried the IXEG 737. Full power and no movement. I though the chocks were still in. I know technically the IXEG plane isn't updated for XP11 but it's worked fine up until this point.

Strange.  I am doing a test flight now on PG13 with the IEXG out of Belize City back to Houston and had no issue taxing out.  Took about 33% N1 to get moving and once I got up to 20 knots gS I idled the engines and she coasted down the center line to the runway.   Of course, I modified the aircraft in Plane Maker also to fix the engines idling too low and the APU not starting up properly.    *tear*  I was a noob two days ago.  Now I feel like a programmer for X-Plane 11.  lol

• Upvote 2

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have not touched these last two betas dont want to mess up my Jardesign A320 & A330  :biggrin:

Rich Sennett

All of my 3rd party aircraft work except two. I have a Piper Cub PA 11 I don't remember where I got it, I think it was before X-P 9 perhaps, you have to hand crank it to start and it won't keep running after cranking it. The Caranado Archer, alas, it crashes the whole program trying to start it, the fourth click on  the starter button, terrible sounds erupt and goes to black, kill it with task manager, to even get out of it, that's the first and only plane I have had do that, in fact its the first and only crash of the program I have had.

All of my Caranado planes work well excepting that Archer. The Caranado Cessna's the 152 and the C172 do just like the default C172SP, takes 2000 rpm to get it to move, Also the Alebo Tomahawk takes a lot of rpms to move.

26 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I have not touched these last two betas dont want to mess up my Jardesign A320 & A330  :biggrin:

They've been playing with the engine programming and these last two updates have really created issues for addon planes. I may sit it out until the RC is released.

NAX669.png

6 minutes ago, mwilk said:

They've been playing with the engine programming and these last two updates have really created issues for addon planes. I may sit it out until the RC is released.

I can't answer for the jets (I don't fly 'em), but anything with a turboprop or turboshaft seems to be working fine now in my payware hangar. I don't know about cold starts, but I tried several payware models from different developers and they work fine when starting with engines running.

The recip piston props are still a problem, but it looks like you can edit the idle fuel flow in PlaneMaker if there's something you really want to fly. Me, I'm waiting for final release on those, because everything I'm really interested in flying right now has a PT-6 turboprop or turboshaft engine (lucky me).

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Jar has updated his A320 and works well with new betas now.

Trevor Golding

6 hours ago, mwilk said:

Tried the IXEG 737. Full power and no movement. I though the chocks were still in. I know technically the IXEG plane isn't updated for XP11 but it's worked fine up until this point.

The problem seems to be the crosswind. Austin botched a fix for "weathervaning at low speeds" by tying the breakaway power needed to get moving to the side-force created by the wind. If you have (high) crosswinds, you will need substantial (up to full) power to get moving. So for now, disable the winds. File bug reports.

This should get fixed with next beta.

Jan

7 hours ago, trevg said:

Jar has updated his A320 and works well with new betas now.

Can you confirm whether the updates cover the latest beta?  I downloaded the beta release from them last weekend, and still found things inop, running it in PB12.  On a personal note, I can wait for everything to sort itself out, I just thought I would just try my hand at running their latest beta to see what improvements were being implemented but from what I saw and experienced, it appears there is still more to be done..

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

12 hours ago, Kuragiman said:

Strange.  I am doing a test flight now on PG13 with the IEXG out of Belize City back to Houston and had no issue taxing out.  Took about 33% N1 to get moving and once I got up to 20 knots gS I idled the engines and she coasted down the center line to the runway.   Of course, I modified the aircraft in Plane Maker also to fix the engines idling too low and the APU not starting up properly.    *tear*  I was a noob two days ago.  Now I feel like a programmer for X-Plane 11.  lol

Would you mind to share what option in platemaker you change for low idle? thanks

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

He should be referring to Standard->Engine Specs->tab Description->left column (general engine specs), there're both hi idle and lo idle adjustments.

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Today, SkyMaxxPro causes an immediate CTD with pb13.  Remove Silver lining and everything starts up fine..  Well.. Starts up anyway..🤔

John

John Wingold

My experience so far with B13, is that if I turn my nose gear any more than 30 degrees, it is like I have the brakes applied full on...and need full throttle to move the plane. It is tied in with the pivot of the nose gear...left or right.  

I also have animation stutter, even at 40 FPS...and never had before.

I get decent FPS, but have seen downturns in aircraft usage, and of course, now the animation stutter. :(

15 hours ago, Jimm said:

Can you confirm whether the updates cover the latest beta?  I downloaded the beta release from them last weekend, and still found things inop, running it in PB12.  On a personal note, I can wait for everything to sort itself out, I just thought I would just try my hand at running their latest beta to see what improvements were being implemented but from what I saw and experienced, it appears there is still more to be done..

Haven't had a chance in beta 13 except very quick look, should be the same as beta12.

Beta 12 and Jars latest beta, flew 3,   3.5 hour flights = 3 TO and 3 Landings and had no problems. Only addon's to beta 12 = Jars a320 with BBS sound and Air FMS for my Ipad.

FPS with my machine going into Kord was around 32 up high FL's around the 48 mark.

Trevor Golding

10 hours ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

Today, SkyMaxxPro causes an immediate CTD with pb13.  Remove Silver lining and everything starts up fine..  Well.. Starts up anyway..🤔

John

I noticed that, can't launch with silverlining plugin, trying to get support from their forums to see if there is a work around.

Try deleting these two files (which will be restored on next bootup):

METAR.rwx
MAXX_METAR.rwx

I haven't had any problems with SkyMaxx Pro v4 with the pb13 beta, but I saw on the SkyMaxx forums that there might have been a corrupted .rwx causing problems.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor