Sign in to follow this  
Chicken Patty

Mytraffic 6 issues

Hello all, 

i recently bought Mytraffic 6 and installed it according to the guide.  I used the how to that comes with it.  I then removed it and installed it again using this guide : http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82657-installing-and-setting-up-mytraffic-6a-for-prepar3d/

both cases end up in random crashes mid flight, then eventually lead to P3D crashing at the splash screen.  I have done everything right to my knowledge and even have disabled default AI, and military traffic.  

The error I get is a "BEX" error, or a "NTDLL.DLL" crash. 

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance as I'd really like to use this program which I have only enjoyed briefly :(

-David

Rename  the file MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.bgl.passive and see if that cures your problem. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Rename  the file MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.bgl.passive and see if that cures your problem. 

Already tried that as well, still crashed at splash screen.  Moment I uninstall MT6 P3D works fine.  :(

-David

Have you tried redownloading and reinstalling? Possibly a corrupt file. I've had MT6 installed for quite a while and have had no issues.

Something on your system doesn't like something in MT6. Usually it's a bgl conflict or possibly an aircraft model conflict.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I think I got it figured out guys.  When the entry was added to the scenery.cfg file it was added as:

Title=MyTraffic

Path= path added correctly accordingly

Required=False

Active=True

Required=True

the correct way should be, which is how it is now:

Title=MyTraffic

Path= path added correctly accordingly

Required=False

Active=True

I did that and it booted up quick, and without issues.  However, now I have no traffic, which I had before.  One after the other LOL.

-David

20 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

You probably know that already:

You need as well an entry in SimObject.cfg where the path of MT6 AI's is added.

After this post I got it to show AI Traffic.   Then it crashed, and wouldn't go past the splash screen.  For now I uninstalled MT6, and anything relevant to it.  I'm going to use P3D for a while without to make sure it's stable and that maybe it's not something else.  Just did a flight right now and it was fine without MT6.  After a few flights I'll give it another go.  Just want to make sure it is MT6 that I"m having issues with. ...and yes the above was done and checked.  Entry in the SimObject.cfg was there and correct. :(

-David

On my setup, MT6 is installed out of the main sim folder.

Then the 2 declarations are using full absolute path (not relative).

Which traffic density do you set? I would recommend to stay below 30% and use the FSUIPC traffic limiter at the same time.

Also have you tried with all other addons disabled?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

On 2/28/2017 at 4:15 PM, Chicken Patty said:

I then removed it and installed it again using this guide : http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82657-installing-and-setting-up-mytraffic-6a-for-prepar3d/

Elaine has her guide here too -

Didn't realize she was spilling her guts and excellent expertise to other sites too!  Maybe she put wrong info in the copy at simflight to cause CTD's.  Maybe....  I hope she didn't put my CTD Guide (link in my signature) that shows all of the probable solutions (page 33) for the ntdll.dll error over at that "other" site too!  It also discusses that evil heap corruption others have talked about.  Got all of those possible solutions from all of the flight simulation websites as well as other places on the Internet as it is a system file that was triggered to fail and cause the crash (because Microsoft wants to save those who have high settings or wrong configurations).

MyTraffic6a needs to have low settings, around 15% at the max in P3D.  Otherwise one will suffer the consequences like I have (note that I have a very powerful system).  I usually had my AI setting at 30% and had no problems but suddenly, that does not work but 15% does and I still see a lot of AI.  High settings, coupled with a high AI setting will cause the NTDLL.dll error and other anomalies.  I have MyTraffic sitting at Priority 53 (just above Bathymetry) in the P3D Scenery.cfg so that it will not interfere with my scenery add-ons I install later.  I also disable any of the airports that I purchased from other developers like all of the FSDT airports.  That can be done in C:\MyTrafficProfessional/MyTraffic/Scenery.  I changed the AFCAD from .bgl to .off.

Hope you find a fix!  Next time you need a guide, check out our Prepar3D Tips, Tricks and How To's Forum.  We have a lot of experts providing excellent guidance here too!

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

21 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Elaine has her guide here too -

Didn't realize she was spilling her guts and excellent expertise to other sites too!  Maybe she put wrong info in the copy at simflight to cause CTD's.  Maybe....  I hope she didn't put my CTD Guide (link in my signature) that shows all of the probable solutions (page 33) for the ntdll.dll error over at that "other" site too!  It also discusses that evil heap corruption others have talked about.  Got all of those possible solutions from all of the flight simulation websites as well as other places on the Internet as it is a system file that was triggered to fail and cause the crash (because Microsoft wants to save those who have high settings or wrong configurations).

MyTraffic6a needs to have low settings, around 15% at the max in P3D.  Otherwise one will suffer the consequences like I have (note that I have a very powerful system).  I usually had my AI setting at 30% and had no problems but suddenly, that does not work but 15% does and I still see a lot of AI.  High settings, coupled with a high AI setting will cause the NTDLL.dll error and other anomalies.  I have MyTraffic sitting at Priority 53 (just above Bathymetry) in the P3D Scenery.cfg so that it will not interfere with my scenery add-ons I install later.  I also disable any of the airports that I purchased from other developers like all of the FSDT airports.  That can be done in C:\MyTrafficProfessional/MyTraffic/Scenery.  I changed the AFCAD from .bgl to .off.

Hope you find a fix!  Next time you need a guide, check out our Prepar3D Tips, Tricks and How To's Forum.  We have a lot of experts providing excellent guidance here too!

Best regards,

Jim

Hey Jim,

thanks for the lengthy post!  I actually searched on google before posting and came across the guide on the "other" website first so letanía blame Google lol. I later came across it here. Actually I have gone through the CTD guide here and checked all causes of the NTLDLL error and really all I can think about is a conflict with FSDT which I have not had a lot of luck with.  I have a few of their sceneries but I've had my fair share of issues with them. I have the traffic at 10% and still have issues.  I have t below all my add on airports too.  I would have to try the AFCAD fox you are talking about to see if that could be it.  I had to uninstall it S P3D would not load past splash screen with MT6 installed :(

By the way, nice C7.  C6 owner here 👍🏻👍🏻

-David

On 3/2/2017 at 1:42 AM, roland_lfor said:

On my setup, MT6 is installed out of the main sim folder.

Then the 2 declarations are using full absolute path (not relative).

Which traffic density do you set? I would recommend to stay below 30% and use the FSUIPC traffic limiter at the same time.

Also have you tried with all other addons disabled?

Thanks for the suggestion.  What do you mean by two declarations? I had mine installed out of the main sim folder too.

-David

26 minutes ago, Chicken Patty said:

By the way, nice C7.  C6 owner here

Thanks.  I had the C6 Coupe with removable top and was going to keep it forever until I saw the C7.

Back to your issue...  When you start up P3D and it crashes, it is a bad module loaded by one of P3D's two dll.xml's as that is what is loaded first. If you cannot get to the setup screen, it is definitely a module in the dll.xml's. There are a lot of possibilities because, whenever P3D is updated to a new version, one of those modules is usually not compatible with the latest version.  The most common is the FSUIPC which will sometimes crash at startup (not always) until you install the latest version (made for the latest version). 

I recall seeing something in the FSDT website about compatibility issues when P3D is updated but they seem to be the first to release an update to the Standalone Add-on Manager and I always install the latest as soon as I update P3D.  Whenever you have problems with FSDT stuff, the best possible solution to try first is reinstalling the latest Standalone Add-on Manager.  I rarely have problems with FSDT/Flightbeam stuff.  I definitely do not enable any of the "recommended" tweaks suggested when you click on the Addon Manager inside P3D to register or make sure your scenery is enabled.  I just exit.  Use the P3D settings to change things and don't add any tweaks.  IMHO, those tweaks were made for not so powerful systems back in the days of FSX and everyone was struggling to get 15 fps.  The best tweak is conservative settings no matter how fast or powerful a system you might have.  I have mine set at super conservative settings and my graphics are very clear and vivid and I see absolutely no difference.  In fact you'll get shimmering or the ugly blurries with high settings.  I never listen to my mentor, Rob Ainscough, who wrote the excellent AVSIM P3D Guide.  What does he know.  He's just a beta tester sometimes for Lockheed and a Moderator here.  His settings are actually much higher than I recommend but I have seen many of his videos in 4K and they really are a pleasure to watch.

As mentioned above, there are several modules that require to be updated with P3D.  If you do not have the latest module you will occasionally see CTD's at startup.  The FSUIPC, the FSDT Add-on Manager, AS16, and the ObjectFlow dll for FTX/Orbx stuff.  AS16 and FTX usually warn you when their module is not compatible and ask you if it is okay if they disable the module during startup. 

Very rarely have I seen an installation of MyTraffic6 causing a crash and never at startup.  There's nothing to load.  The loading of AI will happen after you select your departing airport and load up your scenario.  The only issue I have encountered with the P3D version is the military aircraft traffic where you will get an ntdll.dll error.

If you really want to try to find out what is causing your crashes, you can try setting up Process Monitor as I suggest in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 15 (it has images for how to set it up).  When it crashes, you simply write down the time of the crash, go to the Process Monitor log and see exactly was was loading at that time.  Now it is not all that easy.  The Process Monitor monitors everything happening when you click on the P3D icon but it will only record P3D and any addons, not Windows stuff.  If you write down the time, it will narrow down what was loading but hundreds and thousands of things are being loaded every minute/second but at least it is repetitious in that you only see FTX/Orbx stuff loading for hundreds of entries and MyTraffic stuff loading for several entries.  I used it successfully in FSX to find out why a flight from Chicago to St Louis was crashing at the exact spot everytime I flew the route.  Turned out MyTrafficX (the 5c version) had a problem with one of the flight plans and an aircraft being called did not have a flight plan or it was corrupted so the sim crashed.  I went back to the 5b version and the crashes stopped.  Little things like that can be a real nuisance.

Anyway, I hope we can all get this figured out for you and you can get back to enjoying flight simulation.  Hope you are enjoying the C6.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Thanks.  I had the C6 Coupe with removable top and was going to keep it forever until I saw the C7.

Back to your issue...  When you start up P3D and it crashes, it is a bad module loaded by one of P3D's two dll.xml's as that is what is loaded first. If you cannot get to the setup screen, it is definitely a module in the dll.xml's. There are a lot of possibilities because, whenever P3D is updated to a new version, one of those modules is usually not compatible with the latest version.  The most common is the FSUIPC which will sometimes crash at startup (not always) until you install the latest version (made for the latest version). 

I recall seeing something in the FSDT website about compatibility issues when P3D is updated but they seem to be the first to release an update to the Standalone Add-on Manager and I always install the latest as soon as I update P3D.  Whenever you have problems with FSDT stuff, the best possible solution to try first is reinstalling the latest Standalone Add-on Manager.  I rarely have problems with FSDT/Flightbeam stuff.  I definitely do not enable any of the "recommended" tweaks suggested when you click on the Addon Manager inside P3D to register or make sure your scenery is enabled.  I just exit.  Use the P3D settings to change things and don't add any tweaks.  IMHO, those tweaks were made for not so powerful systems back in the days of FSX and everyone was struggling to get 15 fps.  The best tweak is conservative settings no matter how fast or powerful a system you might have.  I have mine set at super conservative settings and my graphics are very clear and vivid and I see absolutely no difference.  In fact you'll get shimmering or the ugly blurries with high settings.  I never listen to my mentor, Rob Ainscough, who wrote the excellent AVSIM P3D Guide.  What does he know.  He's just a beta tester sometimes for Lockheed and a Moderator here.  His settings are actually much higher than I recommend but I have seen many of his videos in 4K and they really are a pleasure to watch.

As mentioned above, there are several modules that require to be updated with P3D.  If you do not have the latest module you will occasionally see CTD's at startup.  The FSUIPC, the FSDT Add-on Manager, AS16, and the ObjectFlow dll for FTX/Orbx stuff.  AS16 and FTX usually warn you when their module is not compatible and ask you if it is okay if they disable the module during startup. 

Very rarely have I seen an installation of MyTraffic6 causing a crash and never at startup.  There's nothing to load.  The loading of AI will happen after you select your departing airport and load up your scenario.  The only issue I have encountered with the P3D version is the military aircraft traffic where you will get an ntdll.dll error.

If you really want to try to find out what is causing your crashes, you can try setting up Process Monitor as I suggest in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 15 (it has images for how to set it up).  When it crashes, you simply write down the time of the crash, go to the Process Monitor log and see exactly was was loading at that time.  Now it is not all that easy.  The Process Monitor monitors everything happening when you click on the P3D icon but it will only record P3D and any addons, not Windows stuff.  If you write down the time, it will narrow down what was loading but hundreds and thousands of things are being loaded every minute/second but at least it is repetitious in that you only see FTX/Orbx stuff loading for hundreds of entries and MyTraffic stuff loading for several entries.  I used it successfully in FSX to find out why a flight from Chicago to St Louis was crashing at the exact spot everytime I flew the route.  Turned out MyTrafficX (the 5c version) had a problem with one of the flight plans and an aircraft being called did not have a flight plan or it was corrupted so the sim crashed.  I went back to the 5b version and the crashes stopped.  Little things like that can be a real nuisance.

Anyway, I hope we can all get this figured out for you and you can get back to enjoying flight simulation.  Hope you are enjoying the C6.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim, thank you so much for your time put into this.  I am going to try updating first the things you mentioned and revert.  Going to do that, then install MT6 again and see how that goes.  If it still crashes I will proceed to do the Process Monitor logging and go from there.  I sure am enjoying the C6.  C7's are beautiful, actually getting tempted in the near future to switch over.  Thanks again!

-David

There's also a level of optimization you can do with MT6 if you have a lot of payware airports which may likely have different configurations from the airport files used with the default traffic schedules.  You have to grab a traffictoolbox.dll from the SDK, add that to FSX/Prepar3d via the dll.xml (see below) so you can export an airports.txt file from the tools menu once in the sim.  Export the airports.txt to your MyTraffic directory, then launch MT Flighplan Editor, open the myt60a database and then import the airports.txt file under the airports menu.  You can then create schedules, files and traffic to create flights based on your actual airport configuration. Then save the database once completed.  One step I'm not sure on is if you should export myairports.dat before creating schedules or if this is done with the create schedules option.  To be sure I do it before creating schedules since I noticed myairports.dat is used when creating the schedules  I figure he put the export option in the menu for a reason.  I would also backup your database and default schedules (the traffic.blgs in Scenery) so you can revert if necessary without having to re-install.

Something to check off the list on possible causes.

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path><Your path to SDK HERE>\Environment SDK\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

5 hours ago, AoA said:

There's also a level of optimization you can do with MT6 if you have a lot of payware airports which may likely have different configurations from the airport files used with the default traffic schedules.  You have to grab a traffictoolbox.dll from the SDK, add that to FSX/Prepar3d via the dll.xml (see below) so you can export an airports.txt file from the tools menu once in the sim.  Export the airports.txt to your MyTraffic directory, then launch MT Flighplan Editor, open the myt60a database and then import the airports.txt file under the airports menu.  You can then create schedules, files and traffic to create flights based on your actual airport configuration. Then save the database once completed.  One step I'm not sure on is if you should export myairports.dat before creating schedules or if this is done with the create schedules option.  To be sure I do it before creating schedules since I noticed myairports.dat is used when creating the schedules  I figure he put the export option in the menu for a reason.  I would also backup your database and default schedules (the traffic.blgs in Scenery) so you can revert if necessary without having to re-install.

Something to check off the list on possible causes.

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path><Your path to SDK HERE>\Environment SDK\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

Thank you for the suggesting.  I'm currently in the process of trying some other things.  If those don't fix it,  I will try your suggestion next.

-David