Sign in to follow this  
Chicken Patty

Mytraffic 6 issues

Alright everyone, I've tried everything above and nothing.  Still get the NTLDLL.DLL crash.  I uninstalled MT6 and decided to try ### AI to see if that worked.  It has the same problem.  Install it, I start it and it works fine.  I shut it down, tried to start P3D again, and same crash.  Without uninstalling it I deleted the added AI aircraft that were input in the simobjects/airplanes folder and it started up fine.  So it looks something within that folder is the issue.  Anybody have any idea what it could be?  Default AI was disabled for both add ons.

-David

1 hour ago, Chicken Patty said:

I uninstalled MT6 and decided to try ### AI to see Without uninstalling it I deleted the added AI aircraft that were input in the simobjects/airplanes folder and it started up fine.  So it looks something within that folder is the issue.  Anybody have any idea what it could be?  Default AI was disabled for both add ons.

Are you saying that you deleted all the My Traffic aircraft  folders or you deleted the sim's default AI aircraft folders?  Unfortunately, the developer  is presently not feeling 100% and he's not able to provide  support. What I can tell you is the My T 6 schedules do use a few of the default aircraft like the Cherokee  180 and the Cessna 172. 

Here's a complete list of default P3d aircraft that are used in My Traffic 6 traffic BGL files:

Global

Beech Baron 58
Beech Baron 58 Paint2
Cessna Skyhawk 172SP
Cessna Skyhawk 172SP G1000
Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1
Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint2
Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint3
Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint4
Cessna Grand Caravan
Cessna Grand Caravan Paint2
Learjet 45
Learjet 45 Limited Edition
Maule M7 260C
Maule M7 260C paint1
Maule M7 260C paint4
Mooney Bravo
Mooney Bravo Retro
Mooney Bravo With G1000
Piper Cherokee 180
Piper Cherokee 180 Paint1
Piper Cherokee 180 Paint2
Piper Cub

Commercial

DeHavilland Beaver DHC2
DeHavilland Beaver DHC2 Paint2

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chicken Patty said:

### AI

This is pirated software and not allowed to be used or discussed on AVSIM.  The program uses AI developed by members of the community without their permission and it is stealing intellectual property.

A possibility for getting the ntdll error when using MT6 is the fact it uses more resources and, coupled with other high settings or high quality add-ons, can create stress on your setup.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you want to avoid crashes with MT6, use it along with AI Traffic Optimizer and make sure to limit the amount of AI aircrafts to 80. This gives you plenty of aircrafts on airports, but you don't crash because something spawned 3k nm from you.

I also noticed positive impact on VAS because AI aircrafts LOD is set up that way that the closer you get to the aircraft, the more details are being loaded. If it's killed and you don't get closer to it, it won't load the high level details thus saving VAS.

This is at least how I explained it to myself seeing much better VAS ;)

15 hours ago, Mephic said:

If you want to avoid crashes with MT6, use it along with AI Traffic Optimizer and make sure to limit the amount of AI aircrafts to 80. This gives you plenty of aircrafts on airports, but you don't crash because something spawned 3k nm from you.

I also noticed positive impact on VAS because AI aircrafts LOD is set up that way that the closer you get to the aircraft, the more details are being loaded. If it's killed and you don't get closer to it, it won't load the high level details thus saving VAS.

This is at least how I explained it to myself seeing much better VAS ;)

19 hours ago, Jim Young said:

This is pirated software and not allowed to be used or discussed on AVSIM.  The program uses AI developed by members of the community without their permission and it is stealing intellectual property.

A possibility for getting the ntdll error when using MT6 is the fact it uses more resources and, coupled with other high settings or high quality add-ons, can create stress on your setup.

Best regards,

Jim

My apologies Jim, was not aware.  Thing is I can't even start after installing MT6.  I install it, and after I'm done setting up the configurator I start P3D so I can add the entry to the scenery Library but it crashes with the NTL.DLL error.  I never get to even start P3D successfully.  I'm puzzled, have no clue what the hell it is with traffic add ons.  I install them, P3D just doesn't run.

-David

Okay so I narrowed it down to this.  Without uninstalling MT, if I just remove it's entry from the simobjects.cfg, the sim works fine.  I put it back, NTL.DLL error at splashscreen.  Any ideas how to go from here?

This is the entry I removed, and yes the entry # is in sequence 10,11, 12, etc.

[Entry.12]
Title=MyTraffic
Path="E:\Program Files\MyTraffic\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
Required=False
Active=True

EDIT:  Now I went ahead and put the entry # to "Entry.10" although I already have something else in my simobjects.cfg file that is under that entry, and now the sim boots, with the MT entry still in there.  Going to try and see if it actually works with AI traffic...

EDIT 2: So I didn't have AI Traffic.  I had to copy the contents of E:\Program Files\MyTraffic\Aircraft over to E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes, and now I have AI traffic.

Recap of what I had to do to get P3D to run successfully and show AI traffi:

I have to have MT 6 entry in the simobjects.cfg file at #10, even if it's a duplicate entry #

also had to copy contents over from the my traffic folder to the simobjects folder of the sim installation in order for AI traffic to show.

Any idea why it had to be done this way?

-David

One thing that I would try is to use the default user aircraft and scenario as a test. No one has asked you about what other addons that you may have installed. I had a similar problem, when starting a flight at KSJC with ORBX SCA installed. As Jim Young has started before in other threads, the NTDLL.DLL error often comes from overstressing one's hardware with too high image quality settings and demanding 3rd party scenery packages. An AI traffic addon like MyT 6 only makes matters worse.

If you are not starting up P3d in the scenario screen, then you need to edit this line in Prepar3d.cfg so it looks like this:

[USERINTERFACE]
SITUATION=

This will start up the sim with the default aircraft and location.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Chicken Patty said:

EDIT:  Now I went ahead and put the entry # to "Entry.10" although I already have something else in my simobjects.cfg file that is under that entry, and now the sim boots, with the MT entry still in there.  Going to try and see if it actually works with AI traffic...

That would do it.

44 minutes ago, Chicken Patty said:

This is the entry I removed, and yes the entry # is in sequence 10,11, 12, etc.

[Entry.12]
Title=MyTraffic
Required=False
Active=True

This is my entry in the SimObjects.cfg:

[Entry.12]
PATH=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
TITLE=MyTraffic6
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

You should not have quotes in the Path entry.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

You should not have quotes in the Path entry.

Yes the Quotes are Automatically Inserted by the My Traffic Communicator,  It seems to work no problem with them though,  Still I don't understand why the Communicator does this.

==========

As you can see below,  Jim's Path is the Default Install path for MyTraffic 6

PATH=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

8 hours ago, Chicken Patty said:

I'm curious about the above Install path

From what i can see here is,  You pointed the MyTraffc Installer into the Program Files path,  Then created a folder called MyTraffic and Installed here yes ? 

Is your Operating system on your E Drive ?  I ask because of the Program Files folder 

• Upvote 1

I have 5 drives in my system and most of them have Program Files folders and Program Files (x86), cause I installed programs on those drives.

I've been doing that for over a decade. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I think that Elaine  and Jim were wondering why the default MyT 6 install folder was not being used, not the drive letter (E:).

It shouldn't matter where MyT 6  is installed but the Program folder by MS convention, is used for 64 bit apps.

• Upvote 1

Actually after Jim's last post that hit me and I don't know if maybe I had an existing MT folder and I decided to install in there, thus resulting in the duplicate folder. But anyhow, after that post, I got rid of the extra sub folder and now it has the default installation path,and I no longer have to copy the aircraft's over to the simobjects folder. Now i have MT installed normally and I get AI traffic. I also removed the quotation marks from the path as Jim suggested. Although in the past it made no difference, by doing so now I am able to assign entry 12 to it in my simobjects.cfg file which would be the correct order. From what I am seeing now, I just had a couple of user inflicted installation oooppppsies that I overlooked before which lead me to chase my own tail sort of. I'd fix one, but not notice I had more erros, and kept reinstalling/installing hoping it was that. Now that I finally was able to run P3D with MT installed, I went in and just to be on the safe side, backed down my already pretty conservative graphic settings a bit just to be sure that wasn't the cause of the error to begin with.

So far it seems that it's working as it should.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  I just wanted to thank each and every one of you for your help and patience.  It "seems" that with your huge help, I was able to sort this out.  Keep you all posted! :biggrin::biggrin:

-David

Alright everybody is been a few days so I want to update you all.  I was able to do a few flights with MT6 and no issues. I was having OOM issues after as I recently switched to a 4K TV.  Guess the higher resolution had something to do.  I did he panelstretching fix in the prepared.cfg file and that took care of it but after one of the OOM CTD, upon restarting P3D, NTLDLL error again.  I removed the entry for MT6 from the simobject.cfg.  Started up fine, did one flight with no AI traffic.  Shut P3D down, added the entry for MT6 back to the simobjects.cfg and voila, it works fine again.  So far so good everyone.  Think we finally nailed the issue and I couldn't have done it without you fine folks.  Thanks again!  You have no idea how much I'm enjoying having AI traffic again!

-David