Budbud

Suggestion: Ground ops Plan fuel reset in flight 777/747

Recommended Posts

Hi,

When using the ground operations before the departure the plan fuel value remains after the takeoff which means that once you reach the gate at arrival, the fuel loading starts again automatically during the unloading of the plane with the value set at the departure airport.

My suggestion, if it is technically feasible would be that the fuel plan value would be reset to zero once the ground operations are completed (either when the turn time reaches zero or at any stage before the landing) so that when the ground operations start again at the destination airport, it would require to enter a new fuel plan value before start to load fuel again.

For now I prevent this for happening by entering 0 or delete the value once in flight and it works but a error message is displayed everytime in the scratchpad (invalid delete or invalid entry(?) ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

8 hours ago, Budbud said:

For now I prevent this for happening by entering 0 or delete the value once in flight and it works but a error message is displayed everytime in the scratchpad (invalid delete or invalid entry(?) ).

Simpler:

Change the Ground Ops option to MANUAL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kyle,

I like keeping the ground ops to an "auto" turn type to simulate the deboarding or even to perform the full turnaround before another leg.

But you are right I can turn it to manual and back to another or continue to delete the fuel plan in flight to insert another value once on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to hikack the thread, are there any plans to incorporate the loading of the payload via ground ops in the future? Not a biggie, I just think it would complete this great feature. Just my 0.02$ :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Budbud said:

I like keeping the ground ops to an "auto" turn type to simulate the deboarding or even to perform the full turnaround before another leg.

If I recall correctly, the fuel truck takes a decent amount of time to show up. If you're doing another leg, you should be planning it in the latter parts of your previous leg while you're still at cruise. Dispatchers plan these things well before the plane gets back on the ground. That should leave plenty of time to get a fuel value into the right spot in the FMS so that you aren't having to hack around Ground Ops to make it behave the way you want it to.

Just now, Datalink said:

Not to hikack the thread, are there any plans to incorporate the loading of the payload via ground ops in the future? Not a biggie, I just think it would complete this great feature. Just my 0.02$ :)

In what way? A steady and unrealistic creep up in the payload? Fuel is easy - it's liquid. As soon as a person steps onto the plane, it instantly becomes 100-300ish pounds heavier. That's also not mentioning variance in the containers being loaded down below, or on the main deck.

I guess it could be done, but it's a lot more intricate than fueling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now