Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Computer "crashes"at random moments, troubleshooting tips?

HI all

I just did a reinstall of my p3d, after I got my new 1070.

I did some tests flights, had vas problems, old drivers, and now, beautiful.

More tests flights, keeping the installed add ons to an all time low..

However, sometimes, on.. for me yet random moments, my pc completely shuts down. Not nicely with an bsod which I could use, but just BAM.

I'm looking for troubleshooting tips? Seeing as a log fil won't be created, which values..data or w/e do I have to keep an eye on?

vkr

victor

Victor Roos

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

the pc or the sim ??

My whole pc. As in, it just goes woshh, and all the fans etc turn off, and then it reboots

Victor Roos

First check for me would be to make sure your Heatsink fan is working.also could be a faulty Power supply,is it new and also is it big enough to handle your rig.

the new card could be putting too much of a strain on it.just a few ideas i could think of.

maybe best to list your hardware as the techies here will ask anyway

steve

well, temprature isn't high, stays below 60 on everything.

Yes, working on the list ;).

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Socket 1150 - ATX

I4790 K

Crucial 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800

Gigabyte 1070 gaming 8gb

Cooler Master G750M

Victor Roos

Remove the PC components and reassemble them, especially the graphics card and ram. Clean the connecting surface with a dry cloth.

Check your voltage settings if you are overclocking. Those temps seem low under load and may be the result of under voltage.

Download "Blue screen view" to analyse the reason of the crashes.

39 minutes ago, kakusso said:

Remove the PC components and reassemble them, especially the graphics card and ram. Clean the connecting surface with a dry cloth.

Check your voltage settings if you are overclocking. Those temps seem low under load and may be the result of under voltage.

Download "Blue screen view" to analyse the reason of the crashes.

1: will do, good idea

2: Not overclocking except the build in overclock of the gpu.

3: even though it just crashes? WIll check the log, thanks!

Victor Roos

Victor,

Also remove all USBs from ports except mouse and keyboard and update your BIOS.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

4 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Victor,

Also remove all USBs from ports except mouse and keyboard and update your BIOS.

Bios is up to date :).

Usb is actually a really good one! Will try that :). even though I kinda need it to fly, hahah

Victor Roos

When you put in the new 1070, did you remember to connect the auxiliary power connector(s) on the GPU?  It's easy to forget, and if you don't, the GPU can draw enough excessive current from the PCIe card slot to crash the PC.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 minutes ago, w6kd said:
1 hour ago, JESUS_LOSPI said:

Have you reviewed the O.S. events?

When you put in the new 1070, did you remember to connect the auxiliary power connector(s) on the GPU?  It's easy to forget, and if you don't, the GPU can draw enough excessive current from the PCIe card slot to crash the PC.

Regards

Will check once I'm home, thanks guys, :).

I'm sure I did, Only option obviously is they don't fit enough, even though the locking mechanism said "click""

Victor Roos

the usb controllers drivers on MSI boards can be a know issue.  

14ppkc-6.png

15 hours ago, tooting said:

the usb controllers drivers on MSI boards can be a know issue.  

What is the best way to fix that? :)

Victor Roos