Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

How to know what FSX is loading?

Hi,

I have just started a very long flight from Houston KIAH to Doha OTHH with PMDG 773. At FSDT Houston I get around 15-30fps in the VC, VAS around 3GB but it was smooth and everything seems normal. After take off it went below 20FPS all the way to cruise and kept dropping to around 10-12FPS, VAS stayed at 3GB/3.1GB which amazed me because most of the time the VAS should drop and FPS increase. Last time I flew out of here it was fine.

I saved the flight, restart the sim and now I get well above 30FPS (which is normal during cruise stage).

I wonder what the sim was trying to load or what was the cause of the low FPS, it seems restarting the sim fix the issue. Is there a way to monitor what FSX is loading when using it?

Thank you,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Are you sure it was the Sim trying to load something or your computer starting an antivirus scan or

similar?  Browser shutdown while flying?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You *might* want to try another airport other than FSDT for another long haul.  They use scripting and it's possible that their script was still running.  Just a thought.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

3 hours ago, charliearon said:

Are you sure it was the Sim trying to load something or your computer starting an antivirus scan or

similar?  Browser shutdown while flying?

Hi,

Yes I am pretty sure, because my computer only run programs that related to FSX:SE and the sim itself. It takes about 30 seconds for me to restart the sim and the performance is great again.

2 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

You *might* want to try another airport other than FSDT for another long haul.  They use scripting and it's possible that their script was still running.  Just a thought.

Hi,

This is just the second time I depart from Houston KIAH, the first time it was fine. I will try several more test if the problem is from their airport.

In addition I am having several problems with their products stop working when using FSX:SE, got frustrated several times and looking forward for their troubleshoot in FSDT forum.

Thank you,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

11 hours ago, Hoang Le said:

Is there a way to monitor what FSX is loading when using it?

You can install and run "ProcMon (Process Monitor)" and filter on the FSX process.  Also built-in Windows resource monitor.  Not sure it will provide info you can actually take action on though.

scott s.

5 hours ago, scott967 said:

You can install and run "ProcMon (Process Monitor)" and filter on the FSX process.  Also built-in Windows resource monitor.  Not sure it will provide info you can actually take action on though.

scott s.

Hi,

Thank you I am using it to monitor my FSX now. Will do another flight out of KIAH today to find out.
Cheers!
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5