Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

1080Ti OFFICIAL LAUNCH - 35% FASTER!

Was thinking in buying a new card, I'm know close to do it.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Will this card really give a 35% increase in performance (FPS) over an existing GTX1080.

Does it really work like that in P3Dv3...  (of course assuming CPU is not limiting)

Those that get it, can you post a report here ASAP...  thanks

PS -  I have a 980ti at moment and wondering if an upgrade would be worth it...

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Also, GTX 1080 drops in price by $100 and GTX 1070 by $30. So if you were on the fence about getting one of those cards, now might be a good time to upgrade (or rather, 1-2 weeks from now when the new prices have come into effect). The actual retail prices might drop even more, especially for the 1070 which would otherwise be a bit too close to the 1080 in price.

I was going to wait for Vega, but with the Pascal price drops already here and not a peep about Vega prices or launch dates, I might pull the trigger and replace my venerable GTX 970.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

8 hours ago, aerostar said:

Will this card really give a 35% increase in performance (FPS) over an existing GTX1080.

Does it really work like that in P3Dv3...  (of course assuming CPU is not limiting)

Those that get it, can you post a report here ASAP...  thanks

PS -  I have a 980ti at moment and wondering if an upgrade would be worth it...

have the 980ti as well, but i left p3d for xp11. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

I have a 1080, and have been thinking doing 1080 SLI. With the price drop, I probably will pull the trigger in a week or two. :D

Danny F

Will be seriously considering replacing the 980ti for this.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The potential 1080ti buyers used 1080's are starting to show up on Craig's list - one near me for $490.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

3 hours ago, warbirds said:

The potential 1080ti buyers used 1080's are starting to show up on Craig's list - one near me for $490.

That's far too high.  The "new" retail 1080 price will be $499.

22 hours ago, martin-w said:

Have the prices been announced? Nothing in the UK yet re this.

£699 inc VAT + free shipping for the Founders Edition direct from Nvidia.

Though the website appears to be down at the moment

3 hours ago, GrayP said:

£699 inc VAT + free shipping for the Founders Edition direct from Nvidia.

Though the website appears to be down at the moment

Oh great stuff, thanks Graham. Pretty expensive. I may pass my 980Ti on to my daughter, as I'm building her a Mini ITX system. Be a while though, so by that time the 1080 Ti may have dropped in price.