Sign in to follow this  
Xiropillo

Different take off methods?

Good morning,

As I read in the FCOM, there are 3 methods for taking off depending on activating VNAV on ground or not. Am I right? When is used one or another method? AS far as I know RYR uses Speed Bug Up method and after flaps up actives VNAV.

Does it depend on the equipment selected in OPS center or is something decided by airlines?

Thanks very much.

Xiropillo

9 hours ago, Xiropillo said:

Does it depend on the equipment selected in OPS center or is something decided by airlines?

Yes. RW planes may not have U10.8a or U11.0. Some airlines may have a mix of software and may elect to keep SOP for the earlier version. Some airlines are very slow to change and may simply have a training department full of DC-3 pilots who think we're still running piston planes.

Matt Cee

At times it depends on the type of departure and aircraft capability. For example,this one departure I fly routinely has a Northern takeoff going straight ahead to 400ft and left heading to 270. If I depart with LNAV/VNAV, the aircraft will depart, maintain the takeoff profile up to 400ft, get a little past the LNAV turn point(400ft) and make a heading correction of  250 to correct back to the LNAV path. This causes ATC to immediately query your heading since you are not flying what he/she expects. There is also the track vs heading issue.

Thanks very much for your answers. I saw also in FCOM that it depends on different NDAP procedures.