Sign in to follow this  
KevinJH

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)

"NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)
ALABEO PA22 TRIPACER FSX/P3D

Fixes:
- VC windows and Instrument reflections fixed.
- Fuel gauges tooltips corrected to show correct information.
- Elevator trim lever now animated from external view.
- Map lights now are visible from outside.
- Attitude indicator corrected.
- Minor bugs fixed.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version."

http://www.alabeo.com/

Thanks to Alabeo for this nice little plane and the quick first update! I hope there will be another one to resolve some other minor bugs.

1) The green pixel you can see also from pilot position. It especially distubs during night flying.
     2) The dome and panel light switches work together
     3) No "click sound" when clicking "landing light" switch

But even now it is one of my favorite planes !

Kind regards

Gerold

pd.jpg

I was a little disappointed that they didn't resolve the dome & panel light switch problem. They managed to sort out the other bits and pieces they were advised of in pretty quick time but not holding my breath on any more updates..... Still a cracking little 'plane though ;-)

Also no RXP/F1 (officially) integration. Id like to see it.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Folks, this is a simple cheap vintage VFR plane for real VFR pilots who still can navigate the old way ;)

It's even a high wing design so you can see the landscape below your plane for DR navigation if you would look out of the window instead of staring at another computer monitor.

I appreciate the fact that you can't slap this crutch into the Tri Pacer which distracts from the flying experience.

• Upvote 1

This is true. I added the rxp430 to a popup on second monitor for A2a Piper cub, just cause I can. " THE CRUTCH".  I do not always "turn it on" and makes the experience after flying for an hour reflecting back to the flight a LOT more pleasurable. I have flown LOW and SLOW till 2004 when I stopped flying. I put the GPS popups on all the aircraft like some of the carenado C185, C172, C152 etc...as they fly further distances and usually have some kind of navigation instruments. I always had at least a gps296 when I was flying for instant airspeed calcs, winds are found this way.

On 3 March 2017 at 3:36 AM, polizei said:

Folks, this is a simple cheap vintage VFR plane for real VFR pilots who still can navigate the old way ;)

It's even a high wing design so you can see the landscape below your plane for DR navigation if you would look out of the window instead of staring at another computer monitor.

I appreciate the fact that you can't slap this crutch into the Tri Pacer which distracts from the flying experience.

I completely agree - there are plenty of FMC/CDU/GPS laden aircraft out there which will do everything for you if you just want to read a book or do something else while you fly! The PA-22 however is from an era before all of this technology became available and using the aircraft as it was configured back then is a chance to recapture the skills and joy associated with basic VFR navigation. 

And if you do get lost, don't look for a GPS, but try finding your way home using the good old VOR and ADF as they were intended to be used. It could be a great opportunity to brush up on some of those skills which might have got a bit rusty after years of navigating by computer and you might even find that the challenge is fun!

Bill

And if you do get lost, don't look for a GPS, but try finding your way home using the good old VOR and ADF as they were intended to be used. It could be a great opportunity to brush up on some of those skills which might have got a bit rusty after years of navigating by computer

Seems to me that the "good old VOR and ADF" are nothing more than the old school versions of a GPS... a technological means of navigation, above and beyond dead reckoning. That said,why would the VOR/ADF be better or more preferable than the GPS? Does being more modern make the GPS bad? I think not...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

@Russ,   generally I do agree that if you fly VFR you stay VFR. Head down in the cockpit is head down either with VOR/ADF or GPS.

If you would have read Bills complete reply you would have noticed that he never said that VOR/ADF is perferable. It's about the skill to use these instruments.

While a GPS is more precise and easy to use with no danger of misinterpretation, there aren't many things in IFR flying that are more satisfying than to break out at the minimum after a high workload VOR or NDB approach.

• Upvote 1

While a GPS is more precise and easy to use with no danger of misinterpretation, there aren't many things in IFR flying that are more satisfying than to break out at the minimum after a high workload VOR or NDB approach.

I totally agree!

But the quote Bill used referred to GPS as a "crutch". If this is the case, then couldn't one look at DR navigation using a sectional as a crutch compared to navigation by following roads or concrete arrows on the ground, like the early airmail pilots did? Then, logically, VOR is a crutch compared to DR, etc. 

I just think we should take advantage of all the technology available to us.

While a GPS is more precise and easy to use with no danger of misinterpretation,

Exactly!

Just MHO, of course... ;-)

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

Well, you can't simply mix IFR and VFR, so VOR/NDB is the basic and purest form of IFR flying.

If we continue this kind of comparison; flying is a crutch compared to driving and driving is a crutch compared to walking ;) 

2 minutes ago, polizei said:

If we continue this kind of comparison; flying is a crutch compared to driving and driving is a crutch compared to walking ;) 

True enough!

Have a great day! I'm off to fly my JF Arrow to the Bahamas!

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)