Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Missing Scenery?

So I was doing a flight yesterday from ATL to FLL, and got a missing scenery warning.  Thought it was odd as I had installed all of the US so I decided to install all scenery and try again - still getting the same error.  For some reason I have no scenery in florida?  Is this a known bug of sorts or am I looking at a full reinstall?  I have a few freeware airports, the 737-800x mod by Zibo and Xenviro.  Been keeping it fairly vanilla until its out of beta.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Check for zero byte sized dsf files in global scenery. I fount around 600, deleted them and let the installer install the scenery again, downloaded a couple GB and now all is well

2 minutes ago, AnsorgJ said:

Check for zero byte sized dsf files in global scenery. I fount around 600, deleted them and let the installer install the scenery again, downloaded a couple GB and now all is well

Awesome - I'll give that a go tonight when I get home!  Thanks!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

2 minutes ago, pegruder said:

Awesome - I'll give that a go tonight when I get home!  Thanks!

If this is indeed the cause of missing scenery for you as well, please report it to Laminar. 

5 hours ago, AnsorgJ said:

If this is indeed the cause of missing scenery for you as well, please report it to Laminar. 

Looks like 401 0 byte size DSFs.  Re-downloading now and Ill be reporting to Laminar.  Thanks for the tip!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Glad I could help. LR asked whether I could reproduce that behavior but no, any fresh install after that had no files missing. though I did not to download the whole global scenery again.

Might have been an installer issue from PB1 which was my initial install.  Possible its cleared.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS