Sign in to follow this  
Zaros

Touchdown Issue

Hi guys,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQBm0cBdPz8

i have seen this problem twice now, any of you who had the same thing happening?

I used idle reverse when i heard the wheels touching down, auto-brake lvl 2 and so far i haven't notice it on the other aircrafts since it doesn't happen every time.

Just curious to see what can be causing it, thanks.

I can't get to the video.

Can you describe the issue? Additionally, what add-ons are you using while using the 747?

Kyle Rodgers

Ive re-uploaded it to youtube maybe that works.

But yeah basicly on touchdown when the rear wheels hit the ground a few seconds later there is a weird hiccup and the nose wheel plummets to the ground.

Edit: Addons: FTX Global, Vector, Flytampa Amsterdam Schiphol, i have scenery complex on extremely dense as recommended by Orbx

12 minutes ago, Zaros said:

Edit: Addons: FTX Global, Vector, Flytampa Amsterdam Schiphol, i have scenery complex on extremely dense as recommended by Orbx

No weather or camera add-ons?

Kyle Rodgers

Never landed like that for me. Smooth steady nose down, no slamming here. Landings are as expected. I always wait for the nose to come down before I apply revers.

FSX:SE on Win7 64

Per W Sweden

1 hour ago, Zaros said:

Yes, ActiveSky 16 and ChasePlane.

Fly without both to verify the issue isn't caused by either of them. If the issue resolves, fly with one, and then the other to see which add-on is creating the issue. From there, you may need to adjust the add-on's settings to find the one causing the issue.

ChasePlane adds in all kinds of different camera effects that could cause visual oddities.

AS16 has a wake turbulence effect that, if a plane is next to the runway, it will create a wake (unrealistically, since it's not moving, but it's how AS works).

Kyle Rodgers

I have AS16 but never experienced anything strange in general.

Per W Sweden

2 hours ago, Zaros said:

ActiveSky 16

Set wake turbulence to 0. Probably won't solve you problem but wake turbulence higher than 0 is unrealistic.

Deleted the addon airport and tried it on the default one and it was smooth, but like i said it didn't happen every time.
Did about 4 landings in total from a quick save and then reinstalled Flytampa's Schiphol, redid the same runway about 5 times using various weights.
Seems to be better now for now, hopefully forever.

How close to Vref were you when the wheels touched? Did you float the landing and the aircraft simply stalled?

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

I've just started noticing the exact same issue. And it started happening after I installed Chaseplane last night. On takeoff from FT EHAM, as I rotated and was about to lift off, the nose slammed down. And then on landing today, right as the mains touched the nose slammed down. It seems pretty obvious chaseplane is the culprit as i haven't had any issues with the  744 up until last night. Anyone know of a fix for this?