Sign in to follow this  
aleksanderl

Blurry Textures (again)

Hello,

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I have tried many of the tips I found and non of the helped.
I am very bothered With blurry textures. They are fine during Takeoff at the departing airport, but furthermore on Climb, cruise and desent I experience this issue. My settings are specefied below on the photos.

Could anyone please help me?

Many thanks!!

Skjermbilde (1).png

Skjermbilde (4).png

Skjermbilde (5).png

Skjermbilde (6).png

Skjermbilde (7).png

It's very simple..your computer cannot keep up with the  speed you are flying.

basically you cannot fly at that speed with those settings and expect a sharp and fluid simulator.it just cannot keep up.

i would also drop your fps setting to 25-27.that might free up some resources.

steve

3 hours ago, steve howlett said:

It's very simple..your computer cannot keep up with the  speed you are flying.

basically you cannot fly at that speed with those settings and expect a sharp and fluid simulator.it just cannot keep up.

i would also drop your fps setting to 25-27.that might free up some resources.

steve

I tried that, but with no luck. 

As Steve previously stated, your computer just cannot keep up. You are flying a jet which at a low altitude will really put a strain on it.

Try lowering the Scenery Autogen both to normal or more likely sparse, and drop FPS to 30, this WILL help but you may need to turn more options down just for the high speed low altitude flights.

EDIT: also lower texture resolution to Medium 1024x1024.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Please rerun Orbx Migration tool and then clear your P3D shaders in Appdata Directory.  Then try the sim

By the way everyone - looks like the Op has 1080.  The hardware is there from what I can tell.  It is Orbx Libraries.  Please rerun Orbx Migration tool in FTX Central 3

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

The jet was just an example, I usually dont usually use PMDG 737NGX or some other passenger jet. 

I will try :) 

maybe listing your specs will help the techies here.really it's all about the CPU,i've seen a few posts from people with 1080's still getting blurred textures.

the thing that most people do is buy a new card and think that you can move more sliders up.unfortunately a newer card just means you can up your AA or AF settings

anything else will impact on your outside view .sorry about the bad news.i would lower all of your settings to 0 and start working them up until it starts to impact your FPS then drop them down one.

steve

Try setting your TEXTURE BANDWITH MULTI setting in your .cfg from 30 to 100.  It is the one and only change I made which sorted my blurry textures out for good.  Just to test it I set it back to 30 and the blurries came back.

I've had the same issue.
I solved it for me by going into the Task manager -> Details tab -> prepar3d and right click it. Choose "set affinity" and select <all processors>. I started having sharp textures again and it seems it's keeping up now loading the textures.

You have to do this each time you start p3d. Maybe there's a setting for it, I haven't checked.

I will try these last tips to and report back if it worked :) 

Here are my specs if it would help:

Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Midi Tower

Fractal Design Integra M 750W PSU

Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake Prosessor

Cooler Master Hyper TX3i CPU Kjøler

Kingston Value DDR4 2400Mhz 16GB

ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming, Socket-1151

ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 ROG Strix Gaming

Samsung PM961 SSD 512GB M.2 NVMe

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5'' HDD

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit