Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

Everybody, keep Rey Lopez's family in your prayers....

http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...mID8/49197.htmlMaybe say a prayer tonight for his family before going out. FS has lost a great guy and a true member of the FS community.My prayers go out to the family and friends of Rey Lopez. :(My apologies if this has already been brought to everybody's attention. I guess this occured on the 30th and I just now found out about it. Rey was a true asset to the FS community and he will surely be missed.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest rsmith6621ab

Rey has earned the old BUMP the thread motion....Rey will be missed......So Bump

Please forgive half of my reply but Sorry I don't believe in prayer because if it actually worked then Rey and 100,000 lives in Asia might have found mercy including many children who had no chance to choose before their doom. Us Agnostics and "non believers" also experience loss of loved ones and whether we prayed or not would not change what is or will happen. We offer what you offer, sincere condolences from our hearts. Anyways with that out of the way I wish Rey's family the best in this very troubled time of loss. I am sure he earned this much respect from the community.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Sad as it is, thanks for this post. I would not have known without it. Had it not been for Rey, so many things I've achieved would not have been possible. I am very saddened and truly shocked about this news. For those who did not have the pleasure of speaking with Rey, he was a true gentleman, always willing to help, always made you smile. Though I didnt always see eye to eye, on speaking with him he always gave me a good feeling. His enthusiasm was truly infectious.I hope he will be always remembered, it's sad we wont be seeing him in Europe as he planned.Thanks Rey for everything, I wont forget.To his family and many friends, I cant offer anything apart from I'm truly sorry. hasta luego mi amigo.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Mr Lopez or even exchanging emails with him. I did download some of his work and enjoyed it very much. God bless his family and all of you, his friends. The outpouring of expressions of grief from all of you speaks well of him. He obviously was a good man and will be missed.I must say here also, prayer abosolutely works. I know because God and the doctors at UAB in Birminham, AL USA saved my life. I had Pulmonary Fibrosis. I was within weeks or days of the end. Thanks to God for answering hundreds of my family's, friend's, and business associates' prayers, I had a miraculous recovery from a lung transplant on July 4th, 03. I was out of work only 8 weeks. God absolutely answers prayers. He answers them on His time and we must accept what we are asking for may not be His will. We should never question God's will... if He says it is time to go then you will go.This is why we should always be prepared to go. We do not know the time nor the place or circumstances.God bless all and Happy New Year.Earl

>I must say here also, prayer abosolutely works. I know>because God and the doctors at UAB in Birminham, AL USA saved>my life. I had Pulmonary Fibrosis. I was within weeks or>days of the end. Thanks to God for answering hundreds of my>family's, friend's, and business associates' prayers, I had a>miraculous recovery from a lung transplant on July 4th, 03. I>was out of work only 8 weeks. God absolutely answers prayers.> He answers them on His time and we must accept what we are>asking for may not be His will. We should never question>God's will... if He says it is time to go then you will go.>This is why we should always be prepared to go. We do not>know the time nor the place or circumstances.>>God bless all and Happy New Year.>Earl Yes, the prayers of believing people, (Christians) work. They work in that they enable us to accept God's will and align our wills with His. We can ask for our wishes, but it is more important to ask that we be made His instruments of Glory. He does with His creation as He sees fit, and the immensity of the suffering in Asia shows we aren't capable of swaying Him. All of us live each heartbeat at His mercy. Agnosticism is an honest position, but God is knowable in His Son, who is revealed in Scripture. Take some time to read The Gospel according to John, and see who God is. Kdub

Guest ba747heavy

Randy,What an absolutely tasteless reply. I don't care if you believe in prayer or not, this is certainly not the thread to debate it. A man has lost his life, and we should be offering condolences in our own way, whether that be prayer, or just a well wish. People certainly don't need to be insulted because of the way they choose to grieve.And with that out the way, my consolences go to Rey's family. A sad thing indeed :(

Guest flight

As ******* said "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God." - Matthew 22:291. Children are innocent in God's eyes, therefore the recent tragedy you refer to, for them is a quick one-way ticket to heaven. They will not have to suffer time in this world. - "And He said: "I tell you the Truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:3 2. This recent tragedy you refer to, and others like it, happen because mankind continues to choose to move farther and farther away from God. - "First of all you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this "coming" He promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's Word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and with water. By water also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same Word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgement and destruction of unGodly men." - 2Peter 3:3-7Knowing God's Word can give you peaceful understanding during tragedies such as these. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those Who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28Please accept this as it is intended. To offer up some understanding towards the wisdom of God and His work in this world. Never forget, He has given us a free will, and although He will not interfere directly in the tragedies the exercising of that free will may bring into this world, He will one day call each of us to give an account for the choices we have made."Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning." - Proverbs 9:9I reserved my answer until the topic had been removed from the forum.My condolences and prayers go out to all those affected by the passing away of this gentleman who was obviously respected and admired in this life.

Guest ba747heavy

Flight, et al,While I recognize what your doing is a response to Randy, like I told him this is not the place for religious debate for more than one reason. Please, everyone, offer your condolences in this thread and leave the debate to the appropriate forum.

Okay guys, what started out as a worth while and commendable post has turned in to conflict and prosletizing. I am locking this down.

Guest flight

My apologies. I thought that by waiting till it had been removed from the forum, I had done the right thing. Guess I was wrong, and don't fully understand what it means when it says the thread has been removed.