Sign in to follow this  
geholger

747-400 Type Rating Course

On the PMDG website there is an excellent type rating course for the 747-400 - dating back to FS9 in 2006. I guess this tutorial  works perfect for the new Queen of the Skies (747 is a 747 ;-). 

However, this course comes with a couple of saved flight situations that probably do not work e.g. P3D. Has anyone probably already "converted" them to P3D or would it be possible for PMDG to provide updates so that this excellent tutorial could  be used again? This would be great!

Best regards,

Holger

Holger Schmid

Wouldn't work... best you can do is to fly the tutorial from the start, and save the flight at appropriate time.

That's what I meant - maybe someone has already done that and could provide that saved flight situations. 

Holger Schmid

Just in case anybody likes to use this excellent Type Rating Course written by RSR himself with the new PMDG 747-400 QotS II, I have re-created the saved flight situations for being used with P3D v3. They might work with FSX but I have no chance to try.
For now, I have created the files for Lesson 1 and Lession 2. Each zip file contains a brief howTo that explains where to copy the files.I will upload Lesson 3 and Lession 4 as soon as they are ready.
You can find the situations here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cl0wydugqsy5chn/AADhq7aKhm-8lTW4NyACDSCXa?dl=0

The Type Rating Course could be downloaded from the PMDG web site under "Documentation".
https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html

If you encounter any problems using these flights, please let me know and I will update the files.

Have fun and happy flying! Greetings,
Holger

Holger Schmid

Not sure that I did it all right but they don't appear to work in FSX. Thanks for the try.

Chris Stanley VTCC

Oh excellent, will download and report back, my brothers.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, funkyhut1 said:

Not sure that I did it all right but they don't appear to work in FSX. Thanks for the try.

Seems the panel states work in fsx but the saved flights don't. 

Chris Stanley VTCC

It seems, P3D is using a new file format for saving its flights: fxml.
I just have uploaded an updated zip for Lesson 1 that should contain an legacy FSX flt-file besides the newer P3D fxml file. It would be great if you could try to load Lesson 1 with this update. If it works I will convert the files from Lesson 2 as well. Just let me know.

Holger Schmid

Having a true nightmare with the updater which has now consumed the best part of 6 hours. Thankfully I'm retired but all the same! Thanks for the FSX files. I guess they are part of the original download which I need to do again. I;m confused by what is for P3D and what's for FSX>

Thanks.

Chris Stanley VTCC

Just re-download the Lesson 1 zip-File again. The zip conatains both, the P3D fxml and the FSX flt-File.

Holger Schmid

This is great - thanks very much for converting these.

Andy

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |