Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

1 hour ago, planenut said:

What does changing this value to "0" do as far as other planes go.  What can I look for?

Jim

In PD3V3 changing the optimize parts value to 0 destroyed my frame rates in other complex aircraft that needed optimize parts=1. I and some others  installed the FSX version in PD3V3 to get around this requirement. We lost some of the animations in the cockpit but it was flyable and did not effect my other complex aircraft. I have not downloaded the free update to P3DV4 for this reason, but i might give it a try and see how it works on my P3DV4 system.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Well I'm getting pi$$ed off here. I've been trying since yesterday evening to download from these guys. I've tried two different browsers. I've never had issues with my anti-virus because it is shut off. The most I've been able to squeek out is using Edge browser with about 5%. Then an interruption. I tried IDM which could at least pick up from an interrupted download but it won't even  start the download. I'd have to say stay away from this until their server can deliver the goods in a timely fashion. I have emailed them as well. Anybody run into this? WHat browser are you using?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Yes, using IE and also having interruption at around 12% on the update for v2.0 users which is 1.15GB, so might have to wait until the 1st of next month when my data amount gets set back to zero from my IP.

Martin

3 hours ago, planenut said:

What does changing this value to "0" do as far as other planes go.  What can I look for?

Jim

I guess that would depend on if the animations exceed a certain number because these guys are claiming that if a certain amount of animations are exceeded in a model then LM bug becomes evident. A bug apparently LM have acknowledged exists.

Well that's disappointing. At 12%? Any other vendor can deliver a 1.2 gb file to me in seconds. Wow. Their site is now down.

22 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Well that's disappointing. At 12%? Any other vendor can deliver a 1.2 gb file to me in seconds. Wow. Their site is now down.

Is this Xtreme prototypes GLJ25 sold and downloadable at Simmarket or other sites?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

3 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Is this Xtreme prototypes GLJ25 sold and downloadable at Simmarket or other sites?

I believe someone stated at Simmarket but not the v2.1 as yet. If I would have known this in advance there's no way I would have purchased it through the developer. I would have waited.

13 hours ago, vonmar said:

Thanks for confirming ... looks great.

Did you do that with the new V2.1?

Maybe you could share the panel edit / procedure / instruction?

Greg's panel mod involving the Flight1 750/650 GTN units works well in v2.1 within P3Dv4. It's a simple cut-and-paste in the section of the panel.cfg as Greg shows in his post. Remember to click on the panel cycling hotspot within the VC as the aircraft's flight manual explains on Section 4/Page 8.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Ok it took almost an hour but I have it finally installed in P3Dv4.  First impressions: very impressed. The Interior cockpit is VERY nice.Textures are very well done. Very nice panel and clean.  Tooltips on everything your mouse rolls over. Clear gauges and sharp (4096x4096). have Ezdocv2 which automatically mapped all cameras for the interior of the plane including the passenger area which is also very nicely done.

Exterior model is also very nice.

I also was easily able to mod the GTN750 into the panel and it is nice and big. Fits beautifully and pops out. Remember to click the icon marked OPT Panel right above the default GPS unit and there the mod appears. The default GPS and fake avionic weather radar otherwise appear always by default.The weather radar  is just a dummy gauge and does nothing except you can replace it with another avionics package.

There is no cold and dark. You have to shut down the engine and electronics then save for future use.

I don't have a hosting site for pics otherwise a would post a few. I'm trying to go meticulously through the 220 page manual so it will take some time for me to get starting her up.. I'm in cockpit preparation right now.

Despite the frustrating attempts to download this so far I am quite impressed. And can't wait to play that 8-Track tape player!lol.

How are your fps and is the 0 optimized parts causing issues?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

12 minutes ago, warbirds said:

How are your fps and is the 0 optimized parts causing issues?

In cockpit at EGPD (UK 2000) 47-50 fps. I have reflections off (they recommend) and dynamic lighting on. Very happy so far. I haven't finished cockpit preparation though. lol. Many systems and switches. If you like detail in your panel and switches/systems this will be fun. I set the optimized to 0 and absolutely nothing problematic.

Anyone else having the pilots not showing up?

I am using P3D v3.  It is supposed to have engine covers and chalks (no pilots) with the battery off.  When you switch the battery on the covers and stuff go away and the pilots appear.  What I am getting is battery off: no chalks, no engine covers, no pilots.  Battery on: no chalks, no covers, no pilots. 

Mitchell Haughee

Has anyone tried installing this using the add-on.xml structure? Reason I ask

I had the v2.0 (which was for P3D3) installed that way and it worked perfectly.

Installed V2.1 in the exact same location and when I select the a/c I get about 50 errors stating that the xxxx.wav file cannot be found. Uninstalled/reinstalled - no joy. Uninstalled and reinstalled V2.0 - works again!

Ultimately found the culprit - the sound.dll in the panel folder. The one in V2.0 is about 120k and the one in v2.1 is about 244k. If I use the v2.0 dll - everything works. Use the v2.1 dll and get errors.

Wondering if it has something to do with the add-on.xml method so if anyone has it working using that method - please let me know.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Maybe someone much smarter than I could write a script or code to automatically change the optimize parts to 0 when Lear loads in the sim and then change it back again when you end the session or switch to another plane. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Just now, 737guy1 said:

Anyone else having the pilots not showing up?

I am using P3D v3.  It is supposed to have engine covers and chalks (no pilots) with the battery off.  When you switch the battery on the covers and stuff go away and the pilots appear.  What I am getting is battery off: no chalks, no engine covers, no pilots.  Battery on: no chalks, no covers, no pilots. 

V4 when you click the front of the throttle (plate) turns the pilots on/off.